Book/Printed MaterialThe Southern Harmony, and Musical Companion: Containing a choice collection of tunes, hymns, psalms, odes, and anthems selected from the most eminent authors in the United States: Together with nearly one hundred ... Hymnal. print | b. xxxi; 304 pp. cm. | which have never before been published; suited to most of the metres contained in Watt's hymns and psalms, Mercer's Cluster, Dossey's Choice, Dover Selection, Methodist hymn book, and Baptist Harmony; and well adapted to Christian churches of every denomination, singing schools, and private societies: Also, an easy introduction to the grounds of music, the rudiments ...
- Contributor: W. Miller - Walker, William
- Date: 1847
View 313 Pages
CollectionA catalog of the Alfred Whital Stern collection of Lincolniana. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Stern, Alfred Whital
- Date: 1960
View 522 Pages
CollectionThe Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana The collection contains more than 11,100 items. This online release presents over 1,300 items with a over 4,000 images and a date range of 1824-1931. It includes the complete collection of Stern's contemporary newspapers, Lincoln's law papers, sheet music, broadsides, prints, cartoons, maps, drawings, letters, campaign tickets, and other ephemeral items. The books and pamphlets in this collection are scheduled for digitization at a ...
- Contributor: Stern, Alfred Whital - Library of Congress - Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1824
CollectionSelections from the Martha Graham Collection (clockwise from top left) The Dance: Washington Festival [review]; "Graham Presents Copland's Ballet" [clipping] by Oscar Thompson; A unique dance by Martha Graham [clipping], 1926; [Tangara], photograph of Martha Graham. Dancer, choreographer, and company director Martha Graham (1894-1991) is considered one of the pioneering founders of American modern dance. In a career spanning over seven decades, Graham developed her own innovative technique and produced ...
- Contributor: Graham, Martha - Barber, Samuel - Copland, Aaron - Dello Joio, Norman - El-Dabh, Halim - Emmons, Beverly - Hindemith, Paul - Horst, Louis - Hovhaness, Alan - Karan, Donna ... Graham, Martha - Barber, Samuel - Copland, Aaron - Dello Joio, Norman - El-Dabh, Halim - Emmons, Beverly - Hindemith, Paul - Horst, Louis - Hovhaness, Alan - Karan, Donna - Lester, Eugene - Menotti, Gian Carlo - Noguchi, Isamu - Riegger, Wallingford - Rosenthal, Jean - Schuman, William - Skelton, Thomas R. - Starer, Robert - Ter-Arutunian, Rouben - Tipton, Jennifer - Weissberger, L. Arnold - Martha Graham Dance Company - Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance - Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance - Graham (Martha) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1896
Book/Printed MaterialA Funeral elegy on the death of George Washington Adapted to the 22d of February 20 p. |
- Contributor: Wood, Abraham
- Date: 1800
View 12 Pages
CollectionEdison sheet music collection The collection consists chiefly of American sheet music published in the United States between the years 1830-1930. While a significant minority of the music in the collection is instrumental music, the vast majority is for voice and piano. Notable in this collection are imprints from California dating from before 1850, first editions by Irving Berlin and others, and many European imprints among the instrumental ...
- Contributor: Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Bellak, Ja's (James) - Bryan, Alfred - Cooper, George - Dubin, Al. - Gilbert, L. Wolfe (Louis Wolfe) - Grant, Bert - Grobe, Charles - Harrigan, Edward - Hays, Will. S. (William Shakespeare) ... Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Bellak, Ja's (James) - Bryan, Alfred - Cooper, George - Dubin, Al. - Gilbert, L. Wolfe (Louis Wolfe) - Grant, Bert - Grobe, Charles - Harrigan, Edward - Hays, Will. S. (William Shakespeare) - Heller, Stephen - Herz, Henri - Holland, Justin - Jerome, William - Johnson, Howard - Kahn, Gus - Kinkel, Charles - Lamb, Arthur J. - Mack, Edward - Maeder, J. Gaspard (James Gaspard) - Maylath, H. (Heinrich) - Meyer, Louis - Meyerbeer, Giacomo - Millöcker, Carl - Moelling, Theodore - Pixley, Frank - Root, George F. (George Frederick) - Russell, Henry - Smith, Harry (Harry Bache) - Sterling, Andrew - Strelezki, Anton - Sudds, William F. - Weatherly, F. E. (Frederic Edward) - Webster, Joseph Philbrick - Whiting, Richard A. - Wodehouse, P. G. (Pelham Grenville) - Work, Henry C. (Henry Clay) - Young, Joe
- Date: 2005
Book/Printed Material[Liszt's corrections to his transcription for piano of Schubert's song Gretchen am Spinnrade print |  l. 34 cm. | Print (Form).
- Contributor: [Liszt, Franz] - Schubert, Franz - Liszt, Franz
- Date: 183?
View 2 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialThe Boston glee book, consisting of an extensive collection of glees, madrigals, and rounds print | 264 p. ; 19 x 26 cm. | by Lowell Mason and George J. Webb. (Statement Of Responsibility). Print (Form).
- Contributor: J. H. Wilkins & R. Carter, and G. W. Palmer & Co. - Mason, Lowell - Webb, George James
- Date: 1838
View 268 Pages