Format Notated Music
Results: 1-10 of 10 | Refined by: Original Format: Notated Music Remove Date: 2000 to 2099 Remove Language: English Remove
CollectionNewland / Zeuner collection The finding aid provides a description of the Newland/Zeuner collection which consists primarily music (printed and ms.) for piano, 2 or 4 hands, and songs, with a concentration in sacred vocal works in Latin and English. (The music in Latin may represent the only known source of pre-Cacilienverein 19th-century American Catholic Church music.) Composers range from Mozart and Rossini to George F. Root and ...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Newland, William Augustine
- Date: 2005
Notated MusicO God, my heart is ready motet for mixed voices a cappella, op. 17 vocal score | 1 score (35 p.) ; 28 cm. | the text from the Psalms ; music by Arthur Whiting. (Statement Of Responsibility). For mixed chorus (SSATBB), unaccompanied. Photocopy. [S.l. : s.n., 2010] acquire 1 shelf copy [policy default] (Selection Decision). Vocal Score (Form). Print (Form).
- Contributor: G. Schirmer - Whiting, Arthur
- Date: 1899
View 36 Results
CollectionBand Music from the Civil War Era On September 27, 1974, the Music Division of the Library of Congress re-created a typical concert of brass band and vocal music from mid-nineteenth-century America. That concert has become the starting-point for Band Music from the Civil War Era, an online collection that brings together musical scores, recordings, photographs, and essays documenting an important but insufficiently explored part of the American musical past. The ...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Library of Congress. Music Division
- Date: 2000
Notated MusicThe Richard Rodgers collection The finding aid provides a description of the the Richard Rodgers Collection which consists predominantly of Rodgers's music holographs--sketches, vocal scores (many with lyric sheets included) and short scores. In addition, the collection includes full scores for 8 of the Rodgers and Hammerstein shows. Also included is a small number of programs, photographs, miscellaneous papers, and a few miscellaneous items. The collection contains 2,700 ...
- Contributor: Music Division, Library of Congress
- Date: 2006
Notated MusicMusic for the nation American sheet music / Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Derived from the collection of the Music Division at the Library of Congress, presents sheet music that was published in the United States and registered for copyright during the nineteenth century. Includes popular songs, operatic arias, piano music, sacred and secular choral music, solo instrumental music, method books and instructional materials, and music for band and orchestra. Features a bibliographic description for each item ...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. Music Division - Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program
- Date: 2002
CollectionCoptic Orthodox Liturgical Chant and Hymnody With its roots in Ancient Egyptian music, Coptic Christian chant is one of the oldest liturgical genres still performed today. Drawing on the Ragheb Moftah Collection, this presentation explores some of the earliest music transcriptions by explorers, missionaries, and scholars in Egypt, highlighting Moftah's efforts to notate, record, and preserve all Coptic Orthodox hymns. Learn more about current scholarship and what is happening in ...
- Contributor: Wilson, Marian Robertson - Moftah, Raghe
- Date: 2005
Notated MusicThe Maine music box Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Searchable database of digitized images of 5 collections of manuscript scores and sheet music. Over 22,000 titles are accessible. Selected scores will have an associated computer generated sound file. Other scores have associated Scorch files, allowing the user to listen while following a cursor through the music; the viewer may also manipulate key and instrumentation.
- Date: 2003
CollectionEdison sheet music collection The collection consists chiefly of American sheet music published in the United States between the years 1830-1930. While a significant minority of the music in the collection is instrumental music, the vast majority is for voice and piano. Notable in this collection are imprints from California dating from before 1850, first editions by Irving Berlin and others, and many European imprints among the instrumental ...
- Contributor: Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Bellak, Ja's (James) - Bryan, Alfred - Cooper, George - Dubin, Al. - Gilbert, L. Wolfe (Louis Wolfe) - Grant, Bert - Grobe, Charles - Harrigan, Edward - Hays, Will. S. (William Shakespeare) ... Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Bellak, Ja's (James) - Bryan, Alfred - Cooper, George - Dubin, Al. - Gilbert, L. Wolfe (Louis Wolfe) - Grant, Bert - Grobe, Charles - Harrigan, Edward - Hays, Will. S. (William Shakespeare) - Heller, Stephen - Herz, Henri - Holland, Justin - Jerome, William - Johnson, Howard - Kahn, Gus - Kinkel, Charles - Lamb, Arthur J. - Mack, Edward - Maeder, J. Gaspard (James Gaspard) - Maylath, H. (Heinrich) - Meyer, Louis - Meyerbeer, Giacomo - Millöcker, Carl - Moelling, Theodore - Pixley, Frank - Root, George F. (George Frederick) - Russell, Henry - Smith, Harry (Harry Bache) - Sterling, Andrew - Strelezki, Anton - Sudds, William F. - Weatherly, F. E. (Frederic Edward) - Webster, Joseph Philbrick - Whiting, Richard A. - Wodehouse, P. G. (Pelham Grenville) - Work, Henry C. (Henry Clay) - Young, Joe
- Date: 2005
Notated MusicMaggie's big book of Celtic tunes : for hammered dulcimer and other melody instruments /
Mel Bay presents Maggie's big book of Celtic tunes Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Songs transcribed from eight of Maggie Sansone's CDs available from her website.
- Contributor: Sansone, Maggie
- Date: 2006
CollectionFiddle Tunes of the Old Frontier: The Henry Reed Collection Fiddle Tunes of the Old Frontier: The Henry Reed Collection presents traditional fiddle tunes performed by Henry Reed of Glen Lyn, Virginia. Recorded by folklorist Alan Jabbour in 1966-67, when Reed was over eighty years old, the tunes represent the music and evoke the history and spirit of Virginia's Appalachian frontier. Many of the tunes have passed back into circulation during the fiddling revival ...
- Contributor: Glenroy, William - Reed, Henry - Reed, Gene - Reed, Watha - Jabbour, Alan - Ricci, Glenn - American Folklife Center
- Date: 2000