CollectionRandolph S. Rothschild collection, 1942-1992 The collection consists primarily of music (ms., facsimile, and printed) and accompanying correspondence, programs, and reviews. The majority of the music in the collection comprises facsimile scores of compositions commissioned by the Chamber Music Society of Baltimore and the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra from prominent American composers, such as Dominick Argento, Milton Babbitt, Henry Cowell, Jacob Druckman, Ross Lee Finney, Lukas Foss, Leon Kirchner, Ernst ...
- Contributor: Rothschild, Randolph S. - Argento, Dominick - Babbitt, Milton - Cowell, Henry - Druckman, Jacob - Finney, Ross Lee - Foss, Lukas - Kirchner, Leon - Krenek, Ernst - Lewis, Robert Hall ... Rothschild, Randolph S. - Argento, Dominick - Babbitt, Milton - Cowell, Henry - Druckman, Jacob - Finney, Ross Lee - Foss, Lukas - Kirchner, Leon - Krenek, Ernst - Lewis, Robert Hall - Moss, Lawrence - Reynolds, Roger - Rouse, Christopher - Schuller, Gunther - Shapey, Ralph - Weisgall, Hugo - Wuorinen, Charles
- Date: 1942
CollectionCharles Hambitzer music manuscripts, circa 1910-1918 Charles Hambitzer (1878 or 1881-1918) was an American pianist, teacher, and composer. His best known piano student was the teenage George Gershwin. Hambitzer's compositions include orchestral tone poems, incidental music for plays, two operettas, and a variety of shorter pieces.
- Contributor: Hambitzer, Charles
- Date: 1910
CollectionSongs of Edward Lipton, 1967-1984 Edward Lipton (1934-2011) was a songwriter and performer primarily known for writing children's songs. The collection contains manuscript scores for songs he wrote for both children and adults. Many are accompanied by lyric sheets.
- Contributor: Lipton, Ed.
- Date: 1967
CollectionMusic from the Bob Hope collection, 1932-1997 In a career that spanned nearly seventy years, American comedian and entertainer Bob Hope performed in theater, radio, film, and television, and in numerous public appearances, including his tours in support of the U.S. armed forces. Music from the Bob Hope Collection contains manuscript scores, instrumental parts, and lyrics for nearly 500 works used in Hope's films, television programs and personal appearances. These materials ...
- Contributor: Hope, Bob - Alberti, Bob (Pianist) - Comstock, Frank - Harmon, Manny - Hill, J. (James L.) - Myers, Pete - Perito, Nick - Rogers, Shorty - Wolpe, Dave
- Date: 1932
CollectionBilly Byers collection, 1964-1980 Billy Byers was a composer, arranger, orchestrator, and musician (trombonist). The collection primarily contains full scores in Byers' hand. It represents a sampling of Byers' work as a composer, arranger, and orchestrator. The material shows the diverse styles, musical forces, and variety of performing venues in which he worked. The scores include works for recordings, live performances, television, and film; for small combos, big ...
- Contributor: Byers, Billy
- Date: 1964
CollectionJ. Fischer & Bro. music publishers collection, 1950-1970 The J. Fischer & Bro. Music Publishers Collection contains music manuscripts and published or photo-reproduced musical scores, in original or arranged versions. The majority of the collection are choral works, both sacred and secular, many with piano or organ accompaniment. In addition, there are original works for organ and piano, as well as piano and organ transcriptions. Most of these works were published by ...
- Contributor: J. Fischer & Bro
- Date: 1950
CollectionWinston Sharples music manuscripts, 1943-1968 Winston Sharples was an American composer best known for his work with animated short films, such as Casper, the Friendly Ghost, Popeye the Sailor, and Jeepers and Creepers. The collection consists of manuscript particells (piano scores with dialogue and cues), scores, parts, and lyric sheets related to his professional engagements.
- Contributor: Sharples, Winston - Oriolo, Joe - Seeger, Hal
- Date: 1943
CollectionHodges family collection, circa 1790-circa 1909 The collection contains manuscript and printed music, writings, and other materials compiled and collected by Edward Hodges and subsequently by his son, John Sebastian Bach Hodges. Noteworthy among Edward Hodges' writings are the Annuary, an attempt in later life to depict his earlier life, and documents relating to the design and construction of the 1846 Erben organ at Trinity Church in New York. Music ...
- Contributor: Smith, John Stafford - Hodges, George
- Date: 1790
Notated MusicIch liebe dich; arr manuscript score |  p. of music ; 31 cm. | Franz Liszt. (Statement Of Responsibility). Cover title. A facsimile of the autograph manuscript in the Music Division of the Library of Congress. Superlinear and interlinear German words; text by Friedrich Rückert. Commentary by Alan Walker on p. . "Published by the Edward N. Waters Fund in the Library of Congress." acquire 2 shelf ...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Liszt, Franz - Rückert, Friedrich - Walker, Alan - Music Division
- Date: 1993
View 4 Results
CollectionTams-Witmark collection, 1701-1915 The Tams-Witmark Music Library was established in 1925 through the merger of the Arthur W. Tams Music Library and the rental library of M. Witmark & Sons. The Tams-Witmark Collection contains music (manuscript and printed scores) that was being performed in the United States during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. The scope of the collection ranges from eighteenth-century operas of Handel and ...
- Date: 1701
CollectionElla Fitzgerald collection, 1956-1992 Ella Fitzgerald (1917-1996) was a popular and highly-respected American jazz and pop vocalist and recording artist. The Ella Fitzgerald Collection chiefly consists of musical arrangements made for her by more than fifty arrangers and orchestrators. Arrangers whose works are found in this collection include: Buddy Bregman, Benny Carter, Frank DeVol, Russ Garcia, Billy May, Marty Paich, Nelson Riddle, and Gerald Wilson. The arrangements consist ...
- Contributor: Fitzgerald, Ella - Bregman, Buddy - Bulling, Erich - Carson, Tee - Carter, Benny - Devol, Frank - Doggett, Bill - Ellington, Duke - Feller, Sid - Garcia, Russell ... Fitzgerald, Ella - Bregman, Buddy - Bulling, Erich - Carson, Tee - Carter, Benny - Devol, Frank - Doggett, Bill - Ellington, Duke - Feller, Sid - Garcia, Russell - Holman, Bill - Hughart, Jim - May, Billy - Paich, Marty - Riddle, Nelson - Weston, Paul - Wilson, Gerald
- Date: 1956
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLook down fair moon manuscript | Copyright 1970 by Boosey & Hawkes, Inc. Reprinted by permission of Boosey & Hawkes, Inc. (Copyright Notice). Due to copyright restrictions, only excerpts from this item are available. (Standard Restriction). Manuscript (Form).
- Contributor: Boosey & Hawkes - Rorem, Ned - Whitman, Walt
- Date: 1970
CollectionCharlie Barnet collection of big band arrangements, 1939-1949 Charlie Barnet (1913-1991) was an American bandleader, jazz saxophonist, composer, and arranger. The collection contains musical arrangements for approximately 650 songs and instrumental numbers used by Barnet and his band. The majority of these arrangements are represented by full scores, though thirty-seven are represented by parts only, and an additional thirty-one include both a full score and parts. Approximately fifty arrangers are represented in ...
- Contributor: Barnet, Charlie - Burnett, Bobby - Burns, Ralph - Gibson, Andy - Hefti, Neal - Henderson, Horace - Humphries, Conn - Martin, Skip - Matthews, Dave - May, Billy - Moore, William (Arranger) - Siravo, George
- Date: 1939
CollectionAlberto Nepomuceno collection, 1887-1920 The collection consists primarily of scores, most of them photocopies of holographs, and printed material, including two operas, nine orchestral and twelve chamber and solo works, as well as about forty songs and other vocal works. In addition, the collection contains a small number of photographs, portraits of the composer and his wife, books, catalogs, and other printed materials.
- Contributor: Nepomuceno, Alberto
- Date: 1887
CollectionTommy Newsom arrangements, 1947-1999 Tommy Newsom (1929-2007) was a saxophonist, arranger, bandleader, and composer. The collection contains musical arrangements that he wrote for dance band, symphonic orchestra, and small ensemble. The arrangements include manuscripts, printed copies, and photocopies for both full scores and orchestral parts. Most of the music dates from his thirty-year stint with the Tonight Show band. A few of the arrangements are by other arrangers ...
- Contributor: Newsom, Tommy
- Date: 1947
Notated MusicSongs. Selections
Lieder on poems of Adolf Friedrich von Schack | 3 Lieder on poems of Adolf Friedrich von Schack Manuscript score | 1 score ( p.) ; 28 x 33 cm. + 1 booklet ( p. ; 30 x 33 cm.) | Johannes Brahms. (Statement Of Responsibility). For high voice with piano. Title from cover of booklet. Introd. by George S. Bozarth. German words printed also as text with English translation on p. [6-7] of booklet. Includes bibliographical references. Manuscript Score (Form). Manuscript ...
- Contributor: Da Capo Fund in the Library of Congress - Brahms, Johannes - Schack, Adolf Friedrich Von - Bozarth, George S.
- Date: 1983
View 16 Results