CollectionCharlie Barnet collection of big band arrangements, 1939-1949 Charlie Barnet (1913-1991) was an American bandleader, jazz saxophonist, composer, and arranger. The collection contains musical arrangements for approximately 650 songs and instrumental numbers used by Barnet and his band. The majority ...
- Contributor: Barnet, Charlie - Burnett, Bobby - Burns, Ralph - Gibson, Andy - Hefti, Neal - Henderson, Horace - Humphries, Conn - Martin, Skip - Matthews, Dave - May, Billy - Moore, William (Arranger) - Siravo, George
- Date: 1939
CollectionTommy Newsom arrangements, 1947-1999 Tommy Newsom (1929-2007) was a saxophonist, arranger, bandleader, and composer. The collection contains musical arrangements that he wrote for dance band, symphonic orchestra, and small ensemble. The arrangements include manuscripts, printed copies, ...
- Contributor: Newsom, Tommy
- Date: 1947
CollectionWinston Sharples music manuscripts, 1943-1968 Winston Sharples was an American composer best known for his work with animated short films, such as Casper, the Friendly Ghost, Popeye the Sailor, and Jeepers and Creepers. The collection consists of ...
- Contributor: Sharples, Winston - Oriolo, Joe - Seeger, Hal
- Date: 1943
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLook down fair moon manuscript | Copyright 1970 by Boosey & Hawkes, Inc. Reprinted by permission of Boosey & Hawkes, Inc. (Copyright Notice). Due to copyright restrictions, only excerpts from this item are available. (Standard Restriction). ...
- Contributor: Boosey & Hawkes - Rorem, Ned - Whitman, Walt
- Date: 1970
Notated MusicSongs. Selections
Lieder on poems of Adolf Friedrich von Schack | 3 Lieder on poems of Adolf Friedrich von Schack Manuscript score | 1 score ( p.) ; 28 x 33 cm. + 1 booklet ( p. ; 30 x 33 cm.) | Johannes Brahms. (Statement Of Responsibility). For high voice with ...
- Contributor: Da Capo Fund in the Library of Congress - Brahms, Johannes - Schack, Adolf Friedrich Von - Bozarth, George S.
- Date: 1983
View 16 Results
CollectionJ. Fischer & Bro. music publishers collection, 1950-1970 The J. Fischer & Bro. Music Publishers Collection contains music manuscripts and published or photo-reproduced musical scores, in original or arranged versions. The majority of the collection are choral works, both sacred ...
- Contributor: J. Fischer & Bro
- Date: 1950
CollectionCharles Hambitzer music manuscripts, circa 1910-1918 Charles Hambitzer (1878 or 1881-1918) was an American pianist, teacher, and composer. His best known piano student was the teenage George Gershwin. Hambitzer's compositions include orchestral tone poems, incidental music for plays, ...
- Contributor: Hambitzer, Charles
- Date: 1910
CollectionAlberto Nepomuceno collection, 1887-1920 The collection consists primarily of scores, most of them photocopies of holographs, and printed material, including two operas, nine orchestral and twelve chamber and solo works, as well as about forty songs ...
- Contributor: Nepomuceno, Alberto
- Date: 1887
CollectionElla Fitzgerald collection, 1956-1992 Ella Fitzgerald (1917-1996) was a popular and highly-respected American jazz and pop vocalist and recording artist. The Ella Fitzgerald Collection chiefly consists of musical arrangements made for her by more than fifty ...
- Contributor: Fitzgerald, Ella - Bregman, Buddy - Bulling, Erich - Carson, Tee - Carter, Benny - Devol, Frank - Doggett, Bill - Ellington, Duke - Feller, Sid - Garcia, Russell ... Fitzgerald, Ella - Bregman, Buddy - Bulling, Erich - Carson, Tee - Carter, Benny - Devol, Frank - Doggett, Bill - Ellington, Duke - Feller, Sid - Garcia, Russell - Holman, Bill - Hughart, Jim - May, Billy - Paich, Marty - Riddle, Nelson - Weston, Paul - Wilson, Gerald
- Date: 1956
CollectionSongs of Edward Lipton, 1967-1984 Edward Lipton (1934-2011) was a songwriter and performer primarily known for writing children's songs. The collection contains manuscript scores for songs he wrote for both children and adults. Many are accompanied by ...
- Contributor: Lipton, Ed.
- Date: 1967
CollectionTams-Witmark collection, 1701-1915 The Tams-Witmark Music Library was established in 1925 through the merger of the Arthur W. Tams Music Library and the rental library of M. Witmark & Sons. The Tams-Witmark Collection contains music ...
- Date: 1701
CollectionHodges family collection, circa 1790-circa 1909 The collection contains manuscript and printed music, writings, and other materials compiled and collected by Edward Hodges and subsequently by his son, John Sebastian Bach Hodges. Noteworthy among Edward Hodges' writings are ...
- Contributor: Smith, John Stafford - Hodges, George
- Date: 1790
CollectionRandolph S. Rothschild collection, 1942-1992 The collection consists primarily of music (ms., facsimile, and printed) and accompanying correspondence, programs, and reviews. The majority of the music in the collection comprises facsimile scores of compositions commissioned by the ...
- Contributor: Rothschild, Randolph S. - Argento, Dominick - Babbitt, Milton - Cowell, Henry - Druckman, Jacob - Finney, Ross Lee - Foss, Lukas - Kirchner, Leon - Krenek, Ernst - Lewis, Robert Hall ... Rothschild, Randolph S. - Argento, Dominick - Babbitt, Milton - Cowell, Henry - Druckman, Jacob - Finney, Ross Lee - Foss, Lukas - Kirchner, Leon - Krenek, Ernst - Lewis, Robert Hall - Moss, Lawrence - Reynolds, Roger - Rouse, Christopher - Schuller, Gunther - Shapey, Ralph - Weisgall, Hugo - Wuorinen, Charles
- Date: 1942
CollectionBilly Byers collection, 1964-1980 Billy Byers was a composer, arranger, orchestrator, and musician (trombonist). The collection primarily contains full scores in Byers' hand. It represents a sampling of Byers' work as a composer, arranger, and orchestrator. ...
- Contributor: Byers, Billy
- Date: 1964
CollectionMusic from the Bob Hope collection, 1932-1997 In a career that spanned nearly seventy years, American comedian and entertainer Bob Hope performed in theater, radio, film, and television, and in numerous public appearances, including his tours in support of ...
- Contributor: Hope, Bob - Alberti, Bob (Pianist) - Comstock, Frank - Harmon, Manny - Hill, J. (James L.) - Myers, Pete - Perito, Nick - Rogers, Shorty - Wolpe, Dave
- Date: 1932
Notated MusicIch liebe dich; arr manuscript score |  p. of music ; 31 cm. | Franz Liszt. (Statement Of Responsibility). Cover title. A facsimile of the autograph manuscript in the Music Division of the Library of ...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Liszt, Franz - Rückert, Friedrich - Walker, Alan - Music Division
- Date: 1993
View 4 Results