Manuscript/Mixed MaterialHermit songs (sketches) manuscript | 42p., 13-20 x 21-25 cm. | Courtesy of the Samuel Barber Estate. (Copyright Notice). Due to copyright restrictions, original master files are not available. (Standard Restriction). Courtesy of G. Schirmer, Inc. http://www.schirmer.com/ (Copyright Notice). Manuscript (Form).
- Contributor: Barber, Samuel
- Date: 1952
View 42 Results
CollectionThe March King: John Philip Sousa Painting of Sousa during US Marine Band era, [n.d.]. Performing Arts Reading Room. An online presentation of selected music manuscripts, photographs, printed music, historical recordings of the Sousa Band, copies of programs and press clippings, and more from the Sousa Collection at the Library of Congress. About the John Philip Sousa Collection at the Library of Congress John Philip Sousa began donating his music ...
- Contributor: Sousa, John Philip
- Date: 1854
CollectionCoptic Orthodox Liturgical Chant and Hymnody With its roots in Ancient Egyptian music, Coptic Christian chant is one of the oldest liturgical genres still performed today. Drawing on the Ragheb Moftah Collection, this presentation explores some of the earliest music transcriptions by explorers, missionaries, and scholars in Egypt, highlighting Moftah's efforts to notate, record, and preserve all Coptic Orthodox hymns. Learn more about current scholarship and what is happening in ...
- Contributor: Wilson, Marian Robertson - Moftah, Raghe
- Date: 2005
CollectionRoman Totenberg Papers The violinist Roman Totenberg enjoyed an extraordinarily long and varied career. Born on January 1, 1911 in Łódź, Poland, he moved as a child with his family to Moscow where he first studied the violin and witnessed the Russian Revolution firsthand. He continued his studies in Warsaw as a teen, followed by study with Carl Flesch in Berlin and Georges Enescu in Paris. Having ...
- Contributor: Totenberg, Roman - Kolsky, Ilka
- Date: 1846
CollectionAaron Copland Collection The first release of the online collection contains approximately 1,000 items that yield a total of about 5,000 images. These items date from 1899 to 1981, with most from the 1920s through the 1950s, and were selected from Copland's music sketches, correspondence, writings, and photographs. Celebrating the centennial of the birth of the American composer Aaron Copland (1900-1990), the multi-format Aaron Copland Collection, from ...
- Contributor: Copland, Aaron - Kraft, Victor
- Date: 1841
CollectionSelections from the Martha Graham Collection (clockwise from top left) The Dance: Washington Festival [review]; "Graham Presents Copland's Ballet" [clipping] by Oscar Thompson; A unique dance by Martha Graham [clipping], 1926; [Tangara], photograph of Martha Graham. Dancer, choreographer, and company director Martha Graham (1894-1991) is considered one of the pioneering founders of American modern dance. In a career spanning over seven decades, Graham developed her own innovative technique and produced ...
- Contributor: Graham, Martha - Barber, Samuel - Copland, Aaron - Dello Joio, Norman - El-Dabh, Halim - Emmons, Beverly - Hindemith, Paul - Horst, Louis - Hovhaness, Alan - Karan, Donna ... Graham, Martha - Barber, Samuel - Copland, Aaron - Dello Joio, Norman - El-Dabh, Halim - Emmons, Beverly - Hindemith, Paul - Horst, Louis - Hovhaness, Alan - Karan, Donna - Lester, Eugene - Menotti, Gian Carlo - Noguchi, Isamu - Riegger, Wallingford - Rosenthal, Jean - Schuman, William - Skelton, Thomas R. - Starer, Robert - Ter-Arutunian, Rouben - Tipton, Jennifer - Weissberger, L. Arnold - Martha Graham Dance Company - Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance - Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance - Graham (Martha) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1896
CollectionThe Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine Collection Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine in London American actor, singer and comedian Danny Kaye arrives with his wife, Sylvia Fine, for an appearance in London. November 1948. Following the professional lives of the husband-wife artistic duo, this presentation features a wide variety of materials, including manuscripts, scores, scripts, photographs, sound recordings and video clips from the Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine Collection. Kaye, a ...
- Contributor: Kaye, Danny - Fine, Sylvia - Halsman, Philippe - McDowall, Roddy - Dena Pictures, Inc - Kaye (Danny)/Fine (Sylvia) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1918
CollectionA catalog of the Alfred Whital Stern collection of Lincolniana. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Stern, Alfred Whital
- Date: 1960
View 522 Pages
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLook down fair moon manuscript | Copyright 1970 by Boosey & Hawkes, Inc. Reprinted by permission of Boosey & Hawkes, Inc. (Copyright Notice). Due to copyright restrictions, only excerpts from this item are available. (Standard Restriction). Manuscript (Form).
- Contributor: Boosey & Hawkes - Rorem, Ned - Whitman, Walt
- Date: 1970