- View All
- About this Collection
- Background and Scope
- Selected Bibliography
- Cataloging the Collection
- Digitizing the Collection
- FSA Shooting Assignments
- OWI Shooting Assignments
- FSA and OWI Photographers
- Rights And Restrictions
All images are digitized | All jpegs/tiffs display outside Library of Congress | View All
FSA and OWI Photographers
This list identifies FSA/OWI photographers who worked with color film. The dates in parentheses indicate the period during which they produced color photographs. Following the photographer's names is a list of their color shooting assignments.
For an alphabetical index of the FSA/OWI photographers who produced color images, with links to images and catalog records, see the Creator/Related Name Index.
Collier, John (1942)
- Seabrook Farm, Bridgeton, NJ
Delano, Jack (1940-1941)
- Skyline Drive, VA
- Aroostook County, ME
- Brockton, Lowell, and New Bedford, MA
- Green County, GA
- State fair, Rutland, VT
- St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
- Saint Croix, Virgin Islands
- Puerto Rico
Lee, Russell (1940-1942)
- Pie Town, NM
- Mountains, farmlands, gold mining camp, Ouray County, CO
- Surplus commodities distribution, St. Johns, AZ
- Farming, county fair in Delta County, CO
- Agriculture in Caldwell and Emmett, Idaho, and Cascade street scenes
- Agriculture and forestry in WA and OR
- Shasta Dam construction near Redding, CA
- Rural and urban Montana and Japanese-American relocation camp, OR
Rothstein, Arthur (1942)
- Civilian pilot training school, Meacham Field, Fort Worth, TX
- FSA migrant labor camp, Robstown, TX
Vachon, John (1939-1942)
- West Virginia
Wolcott, Marion Post (1939-1941)
- July 4th celebration, St. Helena Island and other SC scenes
- Agriculture in GA
- Copper mining and farming in TN
- Delta area, Miss.
- Black farm cooperative and other La. farm and town scenes
- Russell Spears tobacco farm near Lexington, Ky.
- Court Day, Campton, Ky.
- Migrant workers' shacks, Belle Glade, Fla.
Miscellaneous Photographers (Louise Rosskam, Royden Dixon, Jack Delano, and Unidentified) (1941-1942)
- Washington, D.C. and unidentified U.S. cities and towns
- U.S. rural and farm scenes
OWI photographers closely associated with Roy Stryker are marked with an asterisk.*
Bransby, David (1942)
- Woman aircraft worker, Vega Aircraft Corporation, Burbank, CA
Collier, John (1943)*
- Mountains and towns, NM
- Monticello and University of Virginia rotunda, Charlottesville, VA
- Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Arlington, VA
- Pan American Union Building, Washington, D.C.
- Civil Air Patrol Base, Bar Harbor, ME
- Farmland in N.Y., VT, Penn.
- White Mountain National Forest, N.H.
Collins, Marjory (1943)*
- Garage mechanic near Newark, NJ
- Camouflage class, N.Y. Univ.
- Office of War Information exhibit on the United Nations, Rockefeller Plaza, New York, N.Y.
Delano, Jack (1942-1943)*
- Chicago and Northwestern Railroad's Proviso Yards, Melrose Park, Ill.
- Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad, Calumet City, Ill.
- Corwith Yard, Chicago, Ill., and Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad, Los Angeles, CA
- Railroad shop, Shoptown, Fort Madison, Iowa
- Railroads, Topeka and Kansas City, Kansas
- Amarillo, TX
- Santa Fe Railroad trip, NM
- Arizona train trip
- Railroads, Cajon Pass vicinity, CA
- Southern California Fruit Exchange orange packing plant, Redlands, CA
- Illinois Central Railroad, Chicago, Ill.
- Rock Island Railroad roundhouse and employees, Blue Island, Ill.
Hollem, Howard (1941-1943)
- Higgins Industries (Navy vessels mfr.), New Orleans, LA
- Marine Corps uniforms, New Orleans, LA, and unnamed locations
- Corpus Christi Naval Air Station, TX
- Consolidated Aircraft Corp, Ft. Worth, TX
- Baxter (medical) Laboratories, Glenview, IL
- Wartime industries, Milwaukee, WI
- Colonial Williamburg, VA
- Republic Steel, Youngstown, OH
Jacobs, Fenno (1942)
- Southington, Conn.
Palmer, Alfred (1941-1943)
- Republic Steel Corporation, Youngstown, Ohio
- Carnegie-Illinois Steel Corp., Etna, Pa.
- Allegheny Ludlum Steel Corp., Brackenridge, Pa.
- Metal and rubber production factories, Ohio and Kentucky
- Coastal defense, Fort Story, VA
- Langley Field, Hampton, VA
- Marine Corps, Page Field, Parris Island, SC
- Marine Corps motor detachment, New River, N.C.
- Tanks and infantry, Fort Knox, Ky.
- Ship boiler construction, Combustion Engineering Co., Chattanooga, TN
- Tennessee Valley Authority dam construction, TN and Ala.
- Tennessee Valley Authority phosphate chemical plant, Muscle Shoals, Ala.
- North American Aviation Corp., Inglewood, CA and Kansas City, Kan.
- Douglas Aircraft Co., Long Beach, CA
- Victory Corps high school training programs, Los Angeles, CA
- Airplane assembly, Vultee Aircraft Inc., Nashville, TN
Rittase, William M. (1942)
- Pioneer Parachute Co., Manchester, CT
Rous, John (1941)
- Boy Scouts and Arab princes, Washington, DC
Sherwood, Mark (1942)
- North American Aviation Co. war planes flying over Inglewood, CA
Siegel, Arthur (1942)
- Downtown, Detroit, MI
- Furnaces, Great Lakes Steel Corp., Detroit, MI
Vachon, John (1942-1943)*
- Rural school children, San Augustine County, TX
- Southland Paper Mill, Lufkin, TX
- Freeport Sulphur Co., Hoskins Mound, Freeport, TX
- Workers, TX and OK
Miscellaneous photographers (Jack Downey, Andreas Feininger, unidentified)