alt:'Image from Prints and Photographs Online Catalog -- The Library of Congress'
Term: Tarot cards
[check for pictures with this index term]
- Scope Note:
- Pictorial playing cards made specifically for forecasting the future and as trumps in tarok games. Issued in sets of 22; depict such characters and forces as the the fool and the tower.
- Used For:
- Broader Term(s):
- Former Usage Note: Formerly TGMI term & TGMII term.
- History Note: Changed 6/94. Formerly, TAROT CARDS may have been indexed as FORTUNE TELLING CARDS.
- Former Control Number: gmgpc001050
- Former Control Number: lctgm010532
- Term Type Category: Subject (MARC 150/650)
- Term Type Category: Genre/Format (MARC 155/655)
- Bookmark This Record: