The Kluge Center welcomes scholars and practitioners at the height of their fields for residencies as chair holders or as distinguished visiting scholars.
The Blumberg Chair is filled by application. The rest of these positions are filled by invitation of the Librarian of Congress. Senior scholars enjoy individual offices in the Jefferson Building, where they engage in writing and research and interact with other scholars in residence.
- Kluge Chair in American Law and Governance
- Kluge Chair in Countries and Cultures of the North
- Kluge Chair in Countries and Cultures of the South
- Kluge Chair in Modern Culture
- Kluge Chair in Technology and Society
- Baruch S. Blumberg NASA/Library of Congress Chair in Astrobiology
- Henry A. Kissinger Chair in Foreign Policy and International Relations
- The Cary and Ann Maguire Chair in Ethics and American History
- Library of Congress Chair in U.S.-China Relations
- Library of Congress Chair in U.S.-Russia Relations
- Jay I. Kislak Chair for the Study of the History and Cultures of the Early Americas
- The Harissios Papamarkou Chair in Education