Listen to Registry Titles
Due to copyright concerns, the Library of Congress is unable to post even sample audio of most Registry selections. Nevertheless, some clips can be heard via the following resources.
In 2012, the radio series “Inside the National Recording Registry” was honored with a Peabody Award for broadcast excellence. Episodes of the series, each profiling a different work from the Registry, can be heard here.
NPR: The Sounds of American Culture External
NPR honors recent additions to the Library of Congress’ National Recording Registry.
Studio 360 External
Inside the National Recording Registry, produced by Ben Manilla Productions, highlights some of those selections.
- Dusty in Memphis—Dusty Springfield External
- Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah—Alan Sherman External
- 1951 National League Tie-Breaker External
- Wichita Lineman—Glen Campbell External
- Rainbow Connection—Kermit the Frog External
- Check Trick at Budokan—Cheap Trick External
- Late for the Sky—Jackson Browne External
- A Conversation with Jackson Browne External
- The Harder They Come—Jimmy Cliff External
- Partners—Flaco Jimenez External
The Jukebox includes recordings from the extraordinary collections of the Library of Congress and other contributing libraries and archives.
Audio clips of other Registry titles can be listened to via the following links.