VHP Field Kit
Participating in the Veterans History Project is easy to do. The entire VHP Field Kit is available as a fillable PDF document, as well as in audio and braille formats. The step-by-step process is presented on this website, but is also contained in the Field Kit. Follow each step to ensure your submission meets all requirements.
Complete Field Kit
- Fillable VHP Field Kit (PDF, 4.93 MB)
- Electronic Braille Field Kit (BRF, 18 KB)
- Audio Field Kit (MP3, 43 MB)
Individual Field Kit Fillable Forms
- Cover Letter (PDF, 119 KB)
- Biographical Data Form (PDF, 133 KB)>
- Veterans Release Form (PDF, 102 KB)
- Interviewer’s and Volunteer’s Release Form (PDF, 117 KB)
- Media and Formats Standards (PDF, 91 KB)
- Audio and Video Recording Log (Interview Notes Form) (PDF, 130 KB)
- Photograph Log (PDF, 108 KB)
- Manuscript Data Sheet (PDF, 109 KB)
- Customized guidance for participants
Whether you are a veteran, a volunteer interviewer, student or educator—these guides will help you participate. There are also custom resources for event planners, scouts, and Gold Star Families.
- Sample interview questions
Use these suggested questions to structure your interview and make sure that you record all of the required elements for an oral history.
- Information for Gold Star Families
In 2016, the original scope of VHP was expanded to also include oral histories by those whose loved one died as a result of their service during a period of war.
- Veterans History Project Brochure (PDF, 350 KB)
A brief introduction to VHP.