Photo, Print, Drawing Image 7 of John Georganas Family Orchestra at the home of Angelos Kontaxis, Chicago, Illinois
About this Item
- John Georganas Family Orchestra at the home of Angelos Kontaxis, Chicago, Illinois
- Contributor Names
- Bartis, Peter, 1949- (Collector)
- Dovydenas, Jonas (Photographer)
- Created / Published
- Chicago, Illinois, April 21, 1977
- Subject Headings
- - Greek Americans
- - Musicians
- - Families
- - Photographs
- - Ethnography
- - Illinois -- Chicago
- - Image numbers, descriptions: 1-3, John Georganas family orchestra at the home of Angelos Kontaxis, 918 N. Karlov, Chicago, left to right, Tasia, Stella, John, George, Peter; 4-6, left to right, Tasia, Stella, John playing bouzouki; 7-8, Stella and John Georganas; 9, Georganas family with Fotis Litsas (standing at rear, blue shirt), fieldworker Peter Bartis holding bouzouki, Robbie, a friend of Angelo Kontaxis (center, with red Greek soldier's hat), and Mr. Kantaxis (kneeling, at lower right); 10, John Georganas, his son Peter, and Peter Bartis; 11, left to right, Tasia, Stella, and John Georganas, Peter Bartis, and Robbie, front center, wearing fustenella, Greek soldier's dress
- 35 mm color slide
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Call number: AFC 1981/004: 8
- Source Collection
- Chicago Ethnic Arts Project collection (AFC 1981/004)
- American Folklife Center
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Chicago Ethnic Arts Project collection (AFC 1981/004), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bartis, Peter, and Jonas Dovydenas. John Georganas Family Orchestra at the home of Angelos Kontaxis, Chicago, Illinois. Chicago Illinois, 1977. Chicago, Illinois. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1981004.008/.
APA citation style:
Bartis, P. & Dovydenas, J. (1977) John Georganas Family Orchestra at the home of Angelos Kontaxis, Chicago, Illinois. Chicago Illinois, 1977. Chicago, Illinois. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1981004.008/.
MLA citation style:
Bartis, Peter, and Jonas Dovydenas. John Georganas Family Orchestra at the home of Angelos Kontaxis, Chicago, Illinois. Chicago, Illinois. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc1981004.008/>.