Photo, Print, Drawing Image 3 of Hardanger fiddler Anund Roheim visiting the Library of Congress, Washington DC
About this Item
- Hardanger fiddler Anund Roheim visiting the Library of Congress, Washington DC
- Contributor Names
- Fleischhauer, Carl (Collector)
- Walcott, Ron (Collector)
- Fleischhauer, Carl (Photographer)
- Created / Published
- Washington D.C., September 6, 1979
- Subject Headings
- - United States -- Washington D.C. -- Washington
- - Photographs
- - Ethnography
- - Note: Online digital image numbers may be offset by 1 or 2 digits from the film negative frame numbers.
- - Index data: Film negative frame numbers, descriptions: recording Hardanger fiddle player Anund Roheim in the Whittall Pavilion, Library of Congress, Washington DC: 1, Anund Roheim, resident of Montana of Norwegian descent, and ethnomusicologist Ronald Walcott; 5-12, ethnomusicologist Ronald Walcott and Anund Roheim; 13-29, Anund Roheim; 30-32, Ronald Walcott, Anund Roheim, and Mark Thomas, a folk dance friend of Roheim's, who lives in Silver Spring MD; 33-36A [33-37], Hardanger fiddle made by Anund Roheim. The recordings are referenced by call numbers AFC 1981/005: AFS 20358 through AFS 20361, linked to accompanying logs.
- 35 mm black-and-white film negatives
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Call number: AFC 1981/005: 23082
- Source Collection
- Montana Folklife Survey collection (AFC 1981/005)
- American Folklife Center
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library of Congress believes that some of the materials in this collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions, and are therefore free to use or reuse. For example, the fieldwork in this collection is in the public domain in the United States.
However, the Library has obtained permission for the use of other materials, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. For example, some of the recordings contain copyrighted music, and not all of the performers and other individuals who were recorded signed releases for public use of their work.
In addition, the American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit line: Montana Folklife Survey collection (AFC 1981/005), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fleischhauer, Carl, Ron Walcott, and Carl Fleischhauer. Hardanger fiddler Anund Roheim visiting the Library of Congress, Washington DC. United States Washington Washington D.C, 1979. Washington D.C., September 6. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1981005_23082/.
APA citation style:
Fleischhauer, C., Walcott, R. & Fleischhauer, C. (1979) Hardanger fiddler Anund Roheim visiting the Library of Congress, Washington DC. United States Washington Washington D.C, 1979. Washington D.C., September 6. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1981005_23082/.
MLA citation style:
Fleischhauer, Carl, Ron Walcott, and Carl Fleischhauer. Hardanger fiddler Anund Roheim visiting the Library of Congress, Washington DC. Washington D.C., September 6. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc1981005_23082/>.
More Photos, Prints, Drawings like this
Hardanger fiddler Anund Roheim visiting the Library of Congress, Washington DC
- Contributor: Fleischhauer, Carl - Walcott, Ron
- Date: 1979-09-06
Fieldworker's meeting at Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
- Contributor: Fleischhauer, Carl
- Date: 1977-07-15
Exhibit opening, Washington, D.C.
- Contributor: Fleischhauer, Carl
- Date: 1978-01-26