Manuscript/Mixed Material Image 11 of Monastery of Pantokrator 48. (Greg. 1395). Four Gospels. 14th cent. 374 f.
About this Item
- Monastery of Pantokrator 48. (Greg. 1395). Four Gospels. 14th cent. 374 f.
- Contributor Names
- Alexios III of Trapezunt (Author)
- Created / Published
- 1300 - 1399
- Subject Headings
- - Manuscripts, Greek
- - Manuscripts
- - Copied on vellum.
- - Completion date of 1366 is listed in the manuscript but this is not verified.
- - 20.5 x 15.4 cm.; 1 col. (13.7 x 8.8); 20 lines. Opening coverguard contains an 11th cent. (?) text of Jeremiah. Miniatures: Mt (f. 5r); Virgin (f. 6v); Mk (f. 112v); Lk (f. 182v); Jn (f. 295v). Colophon on f. 374r in different hand claims that the ms. was written by Alexios (III of Trapezunt) and finished in August, 1366.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- series: Greek Pantocrator
- Source Collection
- Selected manuscripts in the monasteries of Mount Athos
- Greek, Ancient (To 1453)
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
This Collection is in the public domain. We suggest the following credit line in any resulting publication: "Library of Congress Collection of Manuscripts from the Monasteries of Mt. Athos"
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Alexios Iii Of Trapezunt. Monastery of Pantokrator 48. Greg. Four Gospels. 14th cent. 374 f. - 1399, 1300. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/0027105161A-ma/.
APA citation style:
Alexios Iii Of Trapezunt. (1300) Monastery of Pantokrator 48. Greg. Four Gospels. 14th cent. 374 f. - 1399. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/0027105161A-ma/.
MLA citation style:
Alexios Iii Of Trapezunt. Monastery of Pantokrator 48. Greg. Four Gospels. 14th cent. 374 f. - 1399, 1300. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/0027105161A-ma/>.
More Manuscripts/Mixed Material like this
Monastery of Pantokrator 234. (Greg. 1404). New Testament with Selections from the Fathers, Psalter, and other ...
- Contributor: John - Gregory the Theologian [Gregory, of Nazianzus, Saint] - Michael Psellos [Psellus, Michael] - James - Anastasios of Theopolis - Jude - David - Maximos the Confessor [Maximus, Confessor, Saint, Approximately 580-662] - Athanasios of Alexandria [Athanasius, Saint, Patriarch of Alexandria, -373] - Dionysios the Areopagite [Dionysius, the Areopagite, Saint, Active 1st Century] - John of Damascus [John, of Damascus, Saint] - Galenios - Paul - Peter - Michael Ducas [Michael VII Ducas, Emperor of the East,]
- Date: 1200
Monastery of Pantokrator 28. (Greg. 1900). Praxapostolos with Commentary (Isadore of Pelusium, John Chrysostom, Severianos, Diodoros ...
- Contributor: John Chrysostom [John Chrysostom, Saint, -407] - Apollinarios - Theodore of Mopsuestia [Theodore, Bishop of Mopsuestia, Approximately 350-428 or 429] - Acacios - Severianos - Diodoros of Tarsus - Isadore of Pelusium [Isidore, of Pelusium, Saint, Active 5th Century]
- Date: 0800
Monastery of Pantokrator 44. (Greg. 051). Apocalypse with Comm. of Andreas. 9th/10th cent. 92 f.
- Contributor: John of Damascus [John, of Damascus, Saint]
- Date: 0800
Monastery of Pantokrator 45. (Greg. 1393). Four Gospels. 12th cent. 88 f.
- Contributor: Gennadios
- Date: 1100
Monastery of Pantokrator 39. (Greg. 1392). Four Gospels with Commentary. 10th/11th cent. 324 f.
- Contributor: Nicolaus
- Date: 0900