Manuscript/Mixed Material Monastery of Vatopedi 911. (Greg. L 1137). Evangelion. 1209 A.D. 157 f.
About this Item
- Monastery of Vatopedi 911. (Greg. L 1137). Evangelion. 1209 A.D. 157 f.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Manuscripts, Greek
- - Manuscripts
- - Copied on vellum.
- - Scribe is Niketa of Rakousi, the lawyer of Rhodes
- - 23.8 x 16.8 cm.; 2 cols. (18.2 x 6.8, total 13.9); 25-29 lines. Foliator omits no. 131, adds two no. 74 and 113. Colophon on f. 155v identifies the scribe as Niketa of Rakousi, the lawyer of Rhodes, in the month of April, 1209 A.D. Presented to the Church of the Virgin of Periboliotissa by the priest George and the bishop Nysoura.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- series: Greek Vatopedi
- Source Collection
- Selected manuscripts in the monasteries of Mount Athos
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
This Collection is in the public domain. We suggest the following credit line in any resulting publication: "Library of Congress Collection of Manuscripts from the Monasteries of Mt. Athos"
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Monastery of Vatopedi 911. Greg. L . Evangelion. 1209 A.D. 157 f. 1209. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/00271052261-ma/.
APA citation style:
(1209) Monastery of Vatopedi 911. Greg. L . Evangelion. 1209 A.D. 157 f. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00271052261-ma/.
MLA citation style:
Monastery of Vatopedi 911. Greg. L . Evangelion. 1209 A.D. 157 f. 1209. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00271052261-ma/>.
More Manuscripts/Mixed Material like this
Monastery of Vatopedi 852. (Greg. 1719). Praxapostolos and Apocalypse. 1287 A.D. 210 f.
- Contributor: Alexios the Reader - Matthew
- Date: 1287