Notated Music Image 1 of [Port Royal band books]
About this Item
- [Port Royal band books]
- Created / Published
- 1864, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Brass band music -- 19th century
- - Music -- United States -- 19th century
- instrumental parts
- - 1. Bird of paradise : waltz -- 2. Come where my love lies dreaming / [Stephen Collins Foster] -- 3. Port Royal gallop -- 4. Q[uick] s[tep] from Martha -- 5. Lights of the days -- 6. Cavalry q[uick] s[tep] -- 7. Quickstep / Goodwin -- 8. Grand march / Goodwin -- 9. Odds and ends : q[uick] s[tep] -- 10. Un ballo in maschera : quick step / Grafulla -- 11. Call me not back from the echoless shore : song and gallop / Grafulla -- 12. Motor q[uick] s[tep] / Grafulla -- 13. Parade march / [Grafulla] -- 14. Parade march [Grafulla] -- 15. Take me to thy heart again : song and polka / Grafulla -- 16. Louisen q[uick] s[tep] / Grafulla -- 17. FreischFCtz q[uick] s[tep] / Grafulla -- 18. Drum corps, or, 7th Regiment q[uick] s[tep] / Grafulla -- 19. Rachel waltzes / Grafulla -- 20. Nightingale waltzes / arr. Graffula -- 21. Eutaw waltz / Grafulla -- 22. Serenade from Maritana / [William Vincent Wallace] -- 23. Amathusia q[uick] s[tep] -- 24. New amour / Gilmore -- 25. Gov. Horse Guards march / Eaton -- 26. Twinkling stars q[uick] s[tep] -- 27. Brightest eyes / Gilmore -- 28. Selections from Julian / Grafulla -- 29. Our quickstep -- 30. Warren Artillery q[uick] s[tep] / Gilmore -- 31. Andante and waltz / Goodwin -- 32. Giorno de orrore : andante -- 33. Hail to the Chief -- 34. Hail Columbia -- 35. St. Patrick's Day in the morning -- 36. Garry Orsen -- 37. Robin Adair -- 38. Col. White's q[uick] s[tep] -- 39. Andante and waltz / Grafulla -- 40. Old K.Y. Ky. -- 41. Star spangled banner -- 42. Storm gallop -- 43. Battle of the Onkerman : q[uick] s[tep] -- 44. Venus Reiger waltz-- 45. Palmyra schottisch -- 46. Cape May polka -- 47. (Listen to the) mocking bird -- 48. Capt. Finch's q[uick] s[tep] / Grafulla -- 49. La Marseillaise -- 50. Tho the sinner bloom : quintette -- 51. Red, white, and blue -- 52. Old hundred -- 53. In happy moments -- 54. Belisario q[uick] s[tep] / [Grafulla].
- 21 ms. parts ; 10 x 13 cm.
- Online Format
- Instrumental Parts. print | 21 ms. parts ; 10 x 13 cm. | Print (Form).
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in these materials, there may be content protected by copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Note that almost all popular musical works of the nineteenth century were copyrighted and published. Possibly certain works were written by band leaders specifically for their own bands, but it has not been possible to identify attribution for such works. The recording Our Musical Past, Volume One was produced and created by the Library of Congress and therefore, as a work of the U.S. government, is not subject to copyright.
Walter Dignam band books are included courtesy of the Manchester (N.H.) Historic Association, 129 Amherst Street, Manchester, NH 03101, 603-622-7531, fax 602-622-0822.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Port Royal band books. , Monographic, 1864. Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/cwband.port/.
APA citation style:
(1864) Port Royal band books. , Monographic. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/cwband.port/.
MLA citation style:
Port Royal band books. , Monographic, 1864. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/cwband.port/>.