Maps The Solar System, with the orbits of 5 remarkable comets.
About this Item
- The Solar System, with the orbits of 5 remarkable comets.
- Contributor Names
- Bowen, Emanuel, -1767.
- Created / Published
- London : Emanuel Bowen, 1747.
- Subject Headings
- - Solar system--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Astronomy--Charts, diagrams, etc
- - Stars--Charts, diagrams, etc
- - Comets--Early works to 1800
- - Constellations--Charts, diagrams, etc
- - Solar system
- Celestial charts
- - Appears in: A complete system of geography / Emanuel Bowen. London, 1747. 2 vol[s].
- - Includes diagrams of: Oblique sphere -- Right sphere -- Parallel sphere.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy typed in lower margin: 626888, N41.
- - LC copy has handwritten in pencil in lower left margin: A complete system of geography, 2 vol[s], Emanuel Bowen, London, 1747.
- - LC copy imperfect: Liquid staining throughout. Minor losses along edges.
- 1 chart ; 41 x 25 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3180 1747 .B6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress has digitized various items from numerous Library of Congress collections to create the online collection Finding our Place in the Cosmos: From Galileo to Sagan and Beyond. As a result, the individual collection items may have varying rights and access restrictions. Whenever possible, the Library of Congress provides factual information about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. For further information with respect to a specific collection item, see the associated rights & access statement on the individualized web page displaying that specific collection item.
As a publicly supported institution, the Library generally does not own rights in its collections. Therefore, it does not charge permission fees for use of such material and generally does not grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute material in its collections. Permission and possible fees may be required from the copyright owner independently of the Library. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library's collections. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Researchers must make their own assessments of rights in light of their intended use.
If you have any more information about an item you've seen on our website or if you are the copyright owner and believe our website has not properly attributed your work to you or has used it without permission, we want to hear from you. Please contact [email protected] with your contact information and a link to the relevant content.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bowen, Emanuel, -1767. The Solar System, with the orbits of 5 remarkable comets. London: Emanuel Bowen, 1747. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593161/. (Accessed December 10, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Bowen, E. (1747) The Solar System, with the orbits of 5 remarkable comets. London: Emanuel Bowen. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593161/.
MLA citation style:
Bowen, Emanuel, -1767. The Solar System, with the orbits of 5 remarkable comets. London: Emanuel Bowen, 1747. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593161/>.