Map Nova totius terrarum orbis tabula Copy 1
About this Item
- Nova totius terrarum orbis tabula
- Contributor Names
- Wit, Frederik de.
- Created / Published
- Amsterdam : Frederick de Wit in de Calverstraet in de Witte Paskaert, 1660.
- Subject Headings
- - World maps--Early works to 1800
- - Earth (Planet)
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Includes col. ill.
- - Insets: Polus arcticus -- Polus antarcticus -- Polus septentrionalis -- Systema mundi juxtamentem Claudii Ptolemaei Alexand -- Genuinum mundi systema secundum N. Copernici hypothesin -- Polus meridionalis.
- - Mounted on cloth.
- - LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined vertically in half. Pin holes in cloth tape in all corners.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 2 hemispheres each 26 cm. in diam., on sheet 46 x 58 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3200 1660 .W5
- G3200 1660 .W5 Copy 2 Uncolored, mounted on cloth, on sheet 46 x 59 cm.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Wit, Frederik De. Nova Totius Terrarum Orbis Tabula. Amsterdam: Frederick de Wit in de Calverstraet in de Witte Paskaert, 1660. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2006627253/.
APA citation style:
Wit, F. D. (1660) Nova Totius Terrarum Orbis Tabula. Amsterdam: Frederick de Wit in de Calverstraet in de Witte Paskaert. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006627253/.
MLA citation style:
Wit, Frederik De. Nova Totius Terrarum Orbis Tabula. Amsterdam: Frederick de Wit in de Calverstraet in de Witte Paskaert, 1660. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2006627253/>.
More Maps like this
MapNova orbis tabvla in lvcem edita
Nova orbis tabula in lucem edita Relief shown pictorially. Appears in the author's Atlas. Amsterdam, 1688? Includes maps of the north polar region and south polar region and col. ill. Vertically fold-lined in half. Mounted on paper, mounted...
- Contributor: Wit, Frederik De.
- Date: 1688
MapNova totius terrarum orbis tabula. Relief shown pictorially. Includes two ancillary polar hemispheres and illustrations. LC copy foldlined, with three pin holes in lower margin. Hand coloring to delineate continental boundaries only. Shirley, Rodney W. Mapping of...
- Contributor: Wit, Frederik De
- Date: 1680
MapTipus orbis terrarum Relief shown pictorially. Includes ancillary maps of America, Europe, Africa, and Asia in border. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault
- Contributor: Solis, Hermando De.
- Date: 1603
MapTypvs orbis terrarvm Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Acquisitions control no. 18-85
- Contributor: Hondius, Jodocus
- Date: 1589
MapTypvs orbis terrarvm Relief shown pictorially. Includes text. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Acquisitions control no. 19-85 Vault
- Contributor: Ortelius, Abraham
- Date: 1628