Maps Kemâliyle nakş olunmuş cümle cihan numûnesi
About this Item
- Kemâliyle nakş olunmuş cümle cihan numûnesi
- Contributor Names
- Hâcı Ahmed, active 16th century.
- Fine, Oronce, 1494-1555.
- Created / Published
- [Venice : Pinelli, 1795]
- Subject Headings
- - World maps--Early works to 1800
- - Earth
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Text states the map was translated into Turkish in 967 (Oct. 1559 to Sept. 1560).
- - Map based on Oronce Fine's cordiform map of 1534, according to Shirley's Mapping of the world, 1993.
- - Hâci Ahmed is probably a pseudonym, possibly of Michele Membré and Nicolò Cambi.
- - One of 24 impressions printed in 1795 from six woodcut blocks when found in the archives of the Council of Ten in Venice.
- - Map printed on 10 sheets pasted together.
- - Includes ill., including 2 celestial hemispheres and an illustration of an armillary sphere.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no. 2000-73
- 1 map ; 92 x 91 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3200 1559 .K4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hâcı Ahmed, Active 16Th Century, and Oronce Fine. Kemâliyle Nakş Olunmuş Cümle Cihan Numûnesi. [Venice: Pinelli, 1795] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2004626121/. (Accessed February 21, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Hâcı Ahmed, A. 1. C. & Fine, O. (1795) Kemâliyle Nakş Olunmuş Cümle Cihan Numûnesi. [Venice: Pinelli] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2004626121/.
MLA citation style:
Hâcı Ahmed, Active 16Th Century, and Oronce Fine. Kemâliyle Nakş Olunmuş Cümle Cihan Numûnesi. [Venice: Pinelli, 1795] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2004626121/>.