Map Image 90 of Theatrvm orbis terrarvm.
About this Item
- Theatrvm orbis terrarvm.
- Other Title
- Theatrum orbis terrarum
- Contributor Names
- Ortelius, Abraham, 1527-1598.
- Diesth, Aegid. Coppenius (Aegidius Coppenius).
- Llwyd, Humphrey, 1527-1568.
- Created / Published
- Antverpiae : Apud Aegid. Coppenium Diesth, 1570.
- Subject Headings
- - Atlases--Netherlands--Early works to 1800
- - Geography--Early works to 1800
- - Earth
- World atlases
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Catalogus auctorum includes 92 names. Epigram on t.p. verso has 16 lines.
- - Includes 53 map sheets, with descriptive text on verso.
- - Phillips, 374, copy 1
- - Koeman, C. Atlantes Neerlandici, Ort 1
- - Includes "De Mona druidum insula" by H. Llwyd.
- - Exhibited: A world of names, 1990.
- - Exhibited: Images of the World, 1984.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - G&M microfilm 1051.
- 1 atlas (viii,  leaves,  p.) : hand col. maps ; 45 cm. (fol.)
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1006 .T5 1570b
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ortelius, Abraham, Aegid. Coppenius Diesth, and Humphrey Llwyd. Theatrvm Orbis Terrarvm. Antverpiae: Apud Aegid. Coppenium Diesth, 1570. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98687183/.
APA citation style:
Ortelius, A., Diesth, A. C. & Llwyd, H. (1570) Theatrvm Orbis Terrarvm. Antverpiae: Apud Aegid. Coppenium Diesth. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98687183/.
MLA citation style:
Ortelius, Abraham, Aegid. Coppenius Diesth, and Humphrey Llwyd. Theatrvm Orbis Terrarvm. Antverpiae: Apud Aegid. Coppenium Diesth, 1570. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98687183/>.
More Maps like this
Theatrvm orbis terrarvm.
Theatrum orbis terrarum Relief shown pictorially. Colophon: 20 Mai 1570. Catalogus auctorum includes 87 names. T.p. verso blank. Includes 53 map sheets, with descriptive text on verso. Acid offset on facing pages. Blank leaves inserted...
- Contributor: Ortelius, Abraham - Llwyd, Humphrey - Diesth, Aegid. Coppenius (Aegidius Coppenius)
- Date: 1570
Le theatre du monde, ou, Novvel atlas
Novvel atlas Relief shown pictorially. French text. Maps in Latin. Maps by numerous cartographers, as well as Willem and Joan Blaeu. Koeman, C. Atlantes Neerlandici, Bl 16 A Available also through the Library of...
- Contributor: Blaeu, Joan - Blaeu, Willem Janszoon
- Date: 1647
[Geografia tavole moderne di geografia]. Relief shown pictorially. Some maps entirely in Italian, some maps entirely in Latin. Title derived by cataloger from title page of bound Lafréry atlas. Seventeen loose sheets that appear in atlases sold...
- Contributor: Forlani, Paolo - Gastaldi, Giacomo - Lafréry, Antoine
- Date: 1575
[Portolan atlas of 9 charts and a world map, etc.].
Portolan atlas containing 10 maps Pen-and-ink and watercolor, on vellum. Each double-page illumination is 21 x 29 cm. Compass rose on inside back cover. Dedicated to Hieronymus Ruffault, Abbot of St. Vaast. Title provided by cataloger. "Maps...
- Contributor: Agnese, Battista
- Date: 1544
Typvs orbis terrarvm Relief shown pictorially. Includes text. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Acquisitions control no. 19-85 Vault
- Contributor: Ortelius, Abraham
- Date: 1628