Map A map of the northern and middle states; Copy 1
About this Item
- A map of the northern and middle states;
- Contributor Names
- Doolittle, Amos, 1754-1832.
- Created / Published
- New-Haven [Conn., 1789]
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - North America
- - Scale ca. 1:7,000,000.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - "Delineated & engraved for Morses Geography."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- map 32 x 40 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3300 1789 .D6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale ca. 1:7,000,000. Relief shown pictorially. "Delineated & engraved for Morses Geography." Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2
- Original Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Doolittle, Amos. A Map of the Northern and Middle States. [New-Haven Conn, 1789] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/74693203/.
APA citation style:
Doolittle, A. (1789) A Map of the Northern and Middle States. [New-Haven Conn] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/74693203/.
MLA citation style:
Doolittle, Amos. A Map of the Northern and Middle States. [New-Haven Conn, 1789] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/74693203/>.
More Maps like this
MapVermont, from actual survey. Scale ca. 1:670,000. Prime meridian: Philadelphia. Relief shown pictorially. "Engraved for Carey's American edition of Guthrie's Geography improved." Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault...
- Contributor: Doolittle, Amos
- Date: 1795
MapNorth America drawn from the latest and best authorities. Scale ca. 1:17,000,000. Relief shown pictorially. "Longitude west from London." Described in Carl I. Wheat's Mapping of the transmississippi west 1957. v. 1, 210. Two copies. Copy 2 has note attached: The...
- Contributor: Terry, G. - Kitchin, Thomas - Harrison, John
- Date: 1787
MapA new and accurate map of North America : wherein the errors of all proceeding British, ... Relief shown by shading. "All the coloured part of this map ... delineates the rights and possessions of Great Britain ... " Mounted on cloth with transparent cloth overlay, losses along outer...
- Contributor: Huske, John - Kitchin, Thomas - R. And J. Dodsley
- Date: 1755
MapA new and accurate map of the British dominions in America, according to the Treaty of ... Relief shown pictorially. Appears in: The maps and charts of the modern part of the universal history. 1766. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789 124 Available also through the Library of Congress...
- Contributor: Kitchin, Thomas
- Date: 1963
MapA new and accurate map of the British dominions in America, according to the Treaty of ... Relief shown pictorially. From label pasted on: Engraved for Captn. Knox's History of the war in America. (1769). Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. LC...
- Contributor: Kitchin, Thomas
- Date: 1763