Maps De Eylanden en Vastelanden van Westindien
About this Item
- De Eylanden en Vastelanden van Westindien
- Contributor Names
- Vinckeboons, Joan.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Atlantic coast (North America)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Atlantic coast (North America)--Discovery and exploration--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Atlantic Coast (South America)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Atlantic Coast (South America)--Discovery and exploration--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - North America--Atlantic coast
- - South America--Atlantic coast
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Shows the coasts of North America and South America from Virginia through the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico to Guiana in South America highlighting Cuba, the island of Hispaniola and the West Indies.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Described in Terrae incognitae, v. xvi, 1984. Richard W. Stephenson's The Henry Harrisse collection ... , p. 40; the first volume has binder's title "Manuscript maps of the West-Indies drawn by Joan Vingboons in 1639."
- - No. 190 in Quatrième centenaire de la découverte de l'Amérique. Catalogue des documents géographique exposés à ... la Bibliothèque nationale. Paris, 1802.
- - LC Luso-Hispanic world, 29
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col., paper backing ; 48 x 69 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3291.S12 coll .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Atlantic Coast (North America)
Atlantic Coast (South America)
Discovery and Exploration
Early Works to 1800
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Vinckeboons, Joan. De Eylanden en Vastelanden van Westindien. [?, 1639] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623398/. (Accessed February 27, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Vinckeboons, J. (1639) De Eylanden en Vastelanden van Westindien. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623398/.
MLA citation style:
Vinckeboons, Joan. De Eylanden en Vastelanden van Westindien. [?, 1639] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623398/>.