Map Map of the Indian tribes of North America, about 1600 A.D. along the Atlantic, & about 1800 A.D. westwardly Copy 1
About this Item
- Map of the Indian tribes of North America, about 1600 A.D. along the Atlantic, & about 1800 A.D. westwardly
- Contributor Names
- Gallatin, Albert, 1761-1849.
- American Antiquarian Society.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.] : The Society, 
- Subject Headings
- - Indians of North America--Maps
- - North America
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - "Pendleton's Lithography."
- - From: American Antiquarian Society. Transactions and collections. Vol. 2, 1836, fol. p. 264.
- - Hand colored to show the location of Indian tribes and 11 linguistic families.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 39 x 43 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3301.E1 1800 .G3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gallatin, Albert, and American Antiquarian Society. Map of the Indian tribes of North America, aboutA.D. along the Atlantic, & about 1800 A.D. westwardly. [Washington, D.C.: The Society, 1836] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2002622260/.
APA citation style:
Gallatin, A. & American Antiquarian Society. (1836) Map of the Indian tribes of North America, aboutA.D. along the Atlantic, & about 1800 A.D. westwardly. [Washington, D.C.: The Society] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002622260/.
MLA citation style:
Gallatin, Albert, and American Antiquarian Society. Map of the Indian tribes of North America, aboutA.D. along the Atlantic, & about 1800 A.D. westwardly. [Washington, D.C.: The Society, 1836] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2002622260/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of linguistic stocks of American Indians. From: Annual report of Bureau of Ethnology, v. 7, by J.W. Powell. LC Many nations, p. 209 Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Powell, John Wesley
- Date: 1890
MapEthnographical map of the Indian tribes of North America, A.D. 1592 Relief shown by hachures. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Annotated in pencil, including change of date in the title to 1650. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image....
- Contributor: Eastman, Seth
MapMap of Ohio Shows counties, major roads, and important settlements in each county. "Entered according to Act of Congress, Sept. 9th, 1822." From: Archaeologia Americana / American Antiquarian Society. Worcester, Mass. : American Antiquarian Society,...
- Contributor: American Antiquarian Society - Kilbourn, John
- Date: 1822
Map[Map of North America showing Indian tribes]. Title provided by cataloger. Manuscript information about tribes over printed base map. Pencil, pen-and-ink and watercolor. The base map has the name of Oklahoma as Indian Territory and the Dakotas as "Dakota"....
- Date: 1890
MapMap of the State of Ohio Relief shown by hachures. Shows counties, major roads, and important settlements in each county, including the Black Swamp of NW Ohio and the Unbroken Sandstone Region in SE Ohio. From: Archaeologia Americana...
- Contributor: Reed, Abner - American Antiquarian Society - Bourne, Alexander - Kilbourn, John
- Date: 1820