Map Chart of the Columbia River for 90 miles from its mouth. (Oregon)
About this Item
- A collection of maps, charts, drawings, surveys, etc, published from time to time, by order of the two houses of Congress : [United States, Western Hemisphere, and the world].
- Contributor Names
- United States. Congress.
- Created / Published
- Washington : [United States Congress], 1843.
- Map and report, Ghent treaty -- Potomac aqueduct -- Details -- National road from Zanesville to Florence -- Design for Flynn's Knoll light -- Big Sandy Creek -- Poultneyville Bay -- Great Sodus Bay -- Dunkirk Harbor -- Presqu'isle Bay -- Cattaraugus Harbor -- Portland Harbor -- Portland Harbor breakwater -- Michigan and Erie -- Spirit level from St. Croix to St. John -- Illinois -- Kennebeck River -- Territory of Wisconsin -- Arkansas and Missouri -- Harbor of St. Louis -- Kennebeck River -- Delaware Bay light-house -- Survey of Kennebeck River -- Defence of western frontier -- Survey of Sandusky Bay -- Breakwater on Stanford's Ledge -- Light-house at Barfleur, France -- Fort Sumter and Charleston Harbor -- Fox River -- Northern part of Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan -- Red River raft -- Cumberland River -- Plan of Marine hospital -- Land surveys, 26th Congress, 1st session -- Atlantic Ocean, parts 1, 2, 3, and 4 -- Portland Harbor, Maine -- South shore, Lake Erie -- Mouth of Elk Creek -- Routes from Portsmouth, Ohio, to Linville, North Carolina -- Pensacola Harbor and Bay -- Mouth of Galien River, Michigan -- Charleston Harbor -- Cape Fear, North Carolina -- St. Joseph's, West Florida -- Delta of the St. Clair River and Lake -- Continuation of Cape Fear -- Beaufort, North Carolina -- Tybee Bay -- St. George's Shoal and Bank -- Newark Bay -- Cape Cod Harbor -- Entrance of Cape Fear River -- Narraganset Bay -- Territory of Florida -- Boundary United States and Texas and Sabine River -- Seat of war in Florida -- Pensacola Harbor and Bay -- Pennsylvania and Ohio canal -- Land surveys, 26th Congress, 2d session -- Harbor of St. Louis -- United States, according to the Treaty of Peace, 1783 -- Profile of Lake Nicaragua -- Ohio boundary question -- West coast of Africa -- Survey of Kennebeck River 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 -- State of Maine, British provinces -- Oregon, west of Rocky Mountains -- Columbia River -- Head waters of Potomac River, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 -- Cape May roads -- Road from Saginaw to Mackinac -- Des Moines rapids -- Western railroad to Georgia -- Owl's head harbor, Maine -- British and French dominions in North America -- Northern part of the State of Maine -- Kennebeck River from Augusta to Gardiner -- Northern boundary Indiana -- Diagram survey of the coast of the United States -- Roanoke Inlet and Sound -- Illinois with part of Indiana and Wisconsin -- Maine and adjacent British provinces -- British and French provinces in North America -- Senate document no. 92, 26th Congress, 2d session.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Maps
- - Western Hemisphere--Maps
- - United States
- - Western Hemisphere
- World atlases
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Phillips 1384
- - "This is not a complete collection of the maps, charts, &c., published by order of Congress. It contains such only as could be collected when this volume was bound--1843."
- - LC copy disbound.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 atlas (3 volumes (unpaged)) : illustrations, maps ; 68 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1200 U5 1843
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Depths shown by soundings. Phillips 1384 "This is not a complete collection of the maps, charts, &c., published by order of Congress. It contains such only as could be collected when this volume was bound--1843." LC copy disbound. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Congress. A collection of maps, charts, drawings, surveys, etc, published from time to time, by order of the two houses of Congress: United States, Western Hemisphere, and the world. [Washington: United States Congress, 1843] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013591467/.
APA citation style:
United States Congress. (1843) A collection of maps, charts, drawings, surveys, etc, published from time to time, by order of the two houses of Congress: United States, Western Hemisphere, and the world. [Washington: United States Congress] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013591467/.
MLA citation style:
United States Congress. A collection of maps, charts, drawings, surveys, etc, published from time to time, by order of the two houses of Congress: United States, Western Hemisphere, and the world. [Washington: United States Congress, 1843] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013591467/>.
More Maps like this
Amerikē Covers North America and South America (Western Hemisphere). In Greek. Hand col. to emphasize country boundaries. LC copy imperfect: Annotated on cloth backing in lead pencil "America" and "27697". Includes inset of...
- Contributor: Lazaridis, Her
- Date: 1860
Carte d'Amerique dressée pour l'usage du Roy. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: L'isle, Guillaume De - Buache, Philippe
- Date: 1780
A new map of the whole continent of America : divided into north and south and ... Relief shown pictorially. Appears in the author's A general atlas describing the whole universe. London : Sayer and Bennett, 1777. Prime meridian: Ferro. Includes inset "The supplement to North America containing the...
- Contributor: Robert Sayer and John Bennett (Firm) - Pownall, Thomas - Kitchin, Thomas - Anville, Jean Baptiste Bourguignon D
- Date: 1777
Americae sive novi orbis proximarvmqz regionum orae descriptio.
Americae sive novi orbis proximarumqz regionum orae descriptio Relief shown pictorially. Attributed to: Johannes Metellus. Appears in the author's Speculum orbis terrae, 1602. Described in: The mapping of North America / Philip D. Burden. 1996. p. 176-7. Latin text on...
- Contributor: Matal, Jean
- Date: 1602
Die neuwen Inseln, so hinder Hispanien gegen Orient bey dem land India ligen.
New weldt oder Inseln, so hinder Hispanien gegen Orient bey dem land India ligen Relief shown pictorially. South America labeled in German, geographic features otherwise in Latin. Appears in the author's Cosmographei. Basel, Switzerland. 1550. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a...
- Contributor: Münster, Sebastian
- Date: 1550