Map Geological map of the U.S. Copy 1
About this Item
- Statistical atlas of the United States based on the results of the ninth census 1870 with contributions from many eminent men of science and several departments of the government
- Contributor Names
- United States. Census office. 9th census, 1870.
- Walker, Francis Amasa, 1840-1897.
- Created / Published
- [New York] J. Bien, lith., 1874.
- Preface and introduction, by the compiler.--Index to maps and charts.--The physical features of the United States, by Prof. J. D. Whitney.--The woodlands and forest systems of the United States, by Prof. William H. Brewer.--Geological map of the United States and territories, by Chas. H. Hitchcock and Wm. P. Blake.--The gold and silver mines of the West, by Prof. Rossiter W. Raymond, U. S. commissioner of mining statistics.--The coal measures of the United States, by Prof. C. H. Hitchcock.--Areas and political divisions of the United States, 1776-1874, by S. W. Stocking, United States Patent office.--The minor political divisions of the United States, by S. A. Galpin.--The progress of the nation--1790-1870, by the compiler of the atlas.--An approximate life-table for the United States on the basis of the ninth census, 1870, by E. B. Elliott, U. S. Bureau of statistics.--The relations of race and nationality to mortality in the United States, by the compiler of the atlas.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Census, 1870
- - United States--Statistics--Maps
- - United States
- - Copy 3 has variant title on plate XVIIa.
- - Phillips, 1330
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - AACR2
- - Copy 2 replaced with another copy 4/2000
- 1 p.l., 5 p., 1 l., 4, 14, 13, 8, 3, 4 p. LIV pl. (maps, diagrs.) 56 x 24 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1201.G1 U53 1874
- HA201 1870 .E
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Presenting the Nation's Cultural Geography | National Atlases | Articles and Essays | General Maps | Digital Collections
- Teaching Mathematics Using Primary Sources: Finding the Art in Charts from W.E.B. DuBois and Others
- Exploring How and Why Scientists Communicate
- Primary Sources in Science Classrooms: Size, Scale, and Scientific Communication
- Charts and Graphs
- Scientific Data: Observing, Recording, and Communicating Information
- Weather Forecasting
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Census Office. 9Th Census, 1870, and Francis Amasa Walker. Statistical atlas of the United States based on the results of the ninth censuswith contributions from many eminent men of science and several departments of the government. [New York J. Bien, lith, 1874] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/05019329/.
APA citation style:
United States Census Office. 9Th Census, 1. & Walker, F. A. (1874) Statistical atlas of the United States based on the results of the ninth censuswith contributions from many eminent men of science and several departments of the government. [New York J. Bien, lith] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/05019329/.
MLA citation style:
United States Census Office. 9Th Census, 1870, and Francis Amasa Walker. Statistical atlas of the United States based on the results of the ninth censuswith contributions from many eminent men of science and several departments of the government. [New York J. Bien, lith, 1874] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/05019329/>.
More Maps like this
Statistical atlas of the United States, based upon the results of the eleventh census Phillips, 1333 At head of title: Department of the interior, Census office. Robert P. Porter, superinttendent ... Carroll D. Wright, commissioner of labor in charge. Available also through the Library of Congress...
- Contributor: Gannett, Henry - United States. Census Office. 11th Census
- Date: 1898
Scribner's statistical atlas of the United States, showing by graphic methods their present condition and their ... 24632 U.S. Copyright Office Phillips, 1331 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. AACR2 Copies renumbered 4/2000. Copy 4 was made Copy 1. Copy 1 was...
- Contributor: Hewes, Fletcher W. (Fletcher Willis) - Hewes, Fletcher W. - Gannett, Henry
- Date: 1883
The national atlas of the United States of America. Scales vary. Six transparent overlays in envelope inserted. Signed by William T. Pecora, Under Secretary of Interior, W.A. Radlinski, Associate Director, U.S.G.S., Arch C. Gerlach, Chief Geographer, and William B. Overstreet, Chief...
- Contributor: Geological Survey (U.S.) - Gerlach, Arch C.
- Date: 1970
Industrial & political map of Pennsylvania : exhibiting the population, the principal resources of each county, ...
Industrial and political map of Pennsylvania | Political map of Pennsylvania Printed to show extensive statistical data for each county. Does not show individual industries or minor civil divisions. "Compiled from the returns of the Sixth Census and from other official sources." "The...
- Contributor: Biddle, Edward C.
- Date: 1840
Atlas and directory of Lapeer County, Michigan LeGear. Atlases of the United States, 4998 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes index, statistics, and maps of the state, United States, and the...
- Contributor: E. Robinson Co. - Dunham, F. A.
- Date: 1893