Maps Title page
About this Item
- The national atlas of the United States of America.
- Contributor Names
- Geological Survey (U.S.)
- Gerlach, Arch C.
- Created / Published
- Washington, 1970.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Statistics--Maps
- - United States--Census, 1970
- - United States
- - Scales vary.
- - Six transparent overlays in envelope inserted.
- - Signed by William T. Pecora, Under Secretary of Interior, W.A. Radlinski, Associate Director, U.S.G.S., Arch C. Gerlach, Chief Geographer, and William B. Overstreet, Chief National Atlas Project and is number 13 of 14 copies.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy 13; Exchange; Exchange with Dr. Walter W. Ristow and his son Stephen F. Ristow.
- - Acquisitions control no. 97-31
- - Copies 1 and 4 NOS
- 1 atlas (xiii, 417 p.) : col. maps ; 49 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1200 .U57 1970
- G1200 .U57 1970 Copy 2
- G1200 .U57 1970 Copy 3
- G1200 .U57 1970 Copy 5
- G1200 .U57 1970 Copy 6
- G1200 .U57 1970 Copy 7
- G1200 .U57 1970 Copy 8
- G1200 .U57 1970 Copy 9
- G1200 .U57 1970 Copy 10
- G1200 .U57 1970 Copy 11
- G1200 .U57 1970 Copy 12
- G1200 .U57 1970 Copy 13
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Geological Survey, U.S, and Arch C Gerlach. The national atlas of the United States of America. Washington, 1970. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/79654043/. (Accessed December 09, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Geological Survey, U. S. & Gerlach, A. C. (1970) The national atlas of the United States of America. Washington. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/79654043/.
MLA citation style:
Geological Survey, U.S, and Arch C Gerlach. The national atlas of the United States of America. Washington, 1970. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/79654043/>.