Map The Missouri Compromise, 1820 Full Set
About this Item
- McConnell's Historical maps of the United States
- Other Title
- Historical maps of the United States
- Contributor Names
- McConnell Map Co.
- McConnell, James.
- Created / Published
- Chicago, Ill. : McConnell Map Co., 
- 1. Title page -- 2. Early voyages and discoveries -- 3. Spanish explorations -- 4. French explorations -- 5. English explorations -- 6. Indian tribes -- 7. National claims -- 8. Early grants -- 9. Grants and development of the New England colonies -- 10. Grants and development of the Middle Atlantic colonies -- 11. Grants and development of the southern colonies -- 12. Early settlements -- 13. French and Indian Wars -- 14. Results of the French and Indian Wars -- 15. The thirteen original colonies in 1774 -- 16. The Revolutionary War, 1775-1776 -- 17. The Revolutionary War, 1776-1777 -- 18. The Revolutionary War, 1777-1781 -- 19. Results of the Revolutionary War, 1783 -- 20. Western land claims, territorial organizations, 1783-1812 -- 21. Louisiana Purchase, 1803. Florida Purchase, 1819 -- 22. Explorations in the West, 1804-1845 -- 23. War of 1812 -- 24. Physical map of the United States -- 25. Back cover -- 26. The Missouri Compromise, 1820 -- 27. The Republic of Texas and the United States in 1837 -- 28. The northern boundary of the United States -- 29. The United States in 1846 -- 30. The Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- 31. Results of the Mexican War, 1848 -- 32. The compromise of 1850 -- 33. Kansas-Nebraska Act, 1854 -- 34. The United States in 1861 -- 35. The Civil War, first year, 1861-1862 -- 36. The Civil War, second year, 1862-1863 -- 37. The Civil War, third year, 1863-1864 -- 38. The Civil War, fourth year, 1864-1865 -- 39. Indian Wars -- 40. The Spanish-American War, 1898 -- 41. Acquisitions of territory -- 42. Admission of the states -- 43. The United States in 1919 -- 44. United States island possessions, 1919 -- 45. North Pole, South Pole -- 46. The Panama Canal -- 47. Tha Panama Canal.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Historical geography--Maps
- - United States--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- - United States--Territorial expansion--Maps
- - United States--Territories and possessions--Maps
- - United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps
- - Indians of North America--Wars--Maps
- - United States--History--War of 1812--Maps
- - Mexican War, 1846-1848--Maps
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Spanish-American War, 1898--Maps
- - Polar regions--Maps
- - Panama Canal (Panama)--Maps
- - United States
- - Polar regions
- - Panama Canal (Panama)
- - Wall maps.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "On each map is a brief history of the period shown."
- - "Copyright James McConnell"--On most maps.
- - Publication date inferred from rubber-stamped date: Feb. 17, 1919.
- - Sheet edges mounted on cloth backing.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Some maps include inset.
- - Maps nos. 35, 36, 37, and 38 published separately in LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.) under entry nos. 30, 42, 51, and 76 respectively.
- - LC copy imperfect: Stained, deteriorated along fold lines and margins of some sheets.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 30; 42; 51; 76
- 45 maps : col. ; 82 x 113 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.S1 s2200 .M2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mcconnell Map Co, and James McConnell. McConnell's Historical maps of the United States. [Chicago, Ill.: McConnell Map Co, 1919] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2009581130/.
APA citation style:
Mcconnell Map Co & McConnell, J. (1919) McConnell's Historical maps of the United States. [Chicago, Ill.: McConnell Map Co] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009581130/.
MLA citation style:
Mcconnell Map Co, and James McConnell. McConnell's Historical maps of the United States. [Chicago, Ill.: McConnell Map Co, 1919] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2009581130/>.
More Maps like this
The comprehensive series, historical-geographical maps of the United States
Historical-geographical maps of the United States Wall maps. Relief shown by hachures. "Copyright by E.W.A. Rowles"--On map sheets. Publication date inferred from rubber-stamped date: Dec. 1-1919. Sheet edges mounted on cloth backing. Available also through the Library of...
- Contributor: Modern School Supply Company - Rowles, E. W. A.
- Date: 1919
Robertson's geographic-historical series illustrating the history of America and the United States : from 1492 to ... Wall maps. Title from title sheet. Copyright: H.C. Robertson. First attempt to open the Mississippi LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 32 Sherman's march to the sea LC Civil War maps (2nd...
- Contributor: R. O. Evans and Company - Robertson, H. C.
- Date: 1898
[Hart-Bolton American history maps] Wall maps. Relief shown by gradient tints and hachures. Title from the separately published Teacher's manual accompanying the Hart-Bolton American history maps. Chicago : Denoyer-Geppert, 1919. Manuals describing maps A1-A24 and A25-A48...
- Contributor: Bolton, Herbert Eugene - Blair, R. Baxter - Matteson, David Maydole - Denoyer-Geppert Company - Hart, Albert Bushnell - Denoyer, L. P. (Levinus Philippus)
- Date: 1917
[Maps of proposed Panama Canal between Gorgona and Panama City]. Relief shown by contours and hachures. Depths shown by contours. French. In lower right corner of some sheets: L. Courtier, Paris. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a...
- Date: 1895
Map showing line of proposed lock canal with summit elevation at 85 feet : [Panama Canal] Relief shown by contours and hachures. Transferred from the collection of the Canal Zone Library-Museum, 1980. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault
- Contributor: Isthmian Canal Commission (U.S.). Lock Canal Project
- Date: 1906