Map The Missouri Compromise 1820 Full Set
About this Item
- The comprehensive series, historical-geographical maps of the United States
- Other Title
- Historical-geographical maps of the United States
- Contributor Names
- Modern School Supply Company.
- Rowles, E. W. A.
- Created / Published
- Chicago, Ill. : Modern School Supply Co., 
- 1. Early voyages and discoveries -- 2. Distribution of Indian families and tribes -- 3. Explorations of the Spanish -- 4. Explorations of the French -- 5. Explorations of the English -- 6. Early land grants -- 7. New England grants-New England colonies -- 8. Middle Atlantic grants-Middle Atlantic colonies -- 9. Southern grants-Southern colonies -- 10. Early settlements -- 11. Claims before and after French and Indian Wars -- 12. French and Indian Wars -- 13. Our country at the beginning of Revolutionary War -- 14. The Revolution in the north -- 15. The Revolution in the south -- 16. Important vicinities in the revolution -- 17. Results of the revolution-Treaty of Paris 1783 -- 18. Land claims of the states-Territorial formation 1783-1812 -- 19. Disputed claims, boundaries and purchases 1803-1819 -- 20. Explorations in the West 1804-1845 -- 21. The War of 1812-The four important theaters -- 22. The Missouri Compromise 1820 -- 23. Our country in 1837 -- 24. Settlements of northern boundary disputes 1783-1872 -- 25. United States at beginning of Mexican War 1846 -- 26. The Mexican War 1846-1848 -- 27. Results of the Mexican War 1848 -- 28. The compromise of 1850 -- 29. Kansas-Nebraska Bill 1854 -- 30. United States at beginning of Civil War 1861 -- 31. The Civil War-first year 1861-1862 -- 32. The Civil War-second year 1862-1863 -- 33. The Civil War-third year 1863-1864 -- 34. The Civil War-fourth year 1864-1865 -- 35. Spanish-American War 1898 -- 36. Territorial growth on continental United States -- 37. Admission of states -- 38. The United States at present -- 39. The greater United States -- 40. The United States in relief -- 41. Physical features of the United States -- 42. The United States in commercial relation to the world -- 43. Development of railroads and canals -- 44. Trails and highways -- 45. The westward movement -- 46. The United States in the World War -- 47. The United States in the World War -- 48. Evolution of the United States flag.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Historical geography--Maps
- - United States--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- - United States--Territorial expansion--Maps
- - United States--Territories and possessions--Maps
- - United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps
- - Indians of North America--Wars--Maps
- - United States--History--War of 1812--Maps
- - Mexican War, 1846-1848--Maps
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Spanish-American War, 1898--Maps
- - World War, 1914-1918--History--United States--Maps
- - World War, 1939-1945--History--United States--Maps
- - Flags--United States--History--Maps
- - United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Wall maps.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Copyright by E.W.A. Rowles"--On map sheets.
- - Publication date inferred from rubber-stamped date: Dec. 1-1919.
- - Sheet edges mounted on cloth backing.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Some maps include inset.
- - Includes brief description for period shown on each map and col. ill.
- - Maps nos. 31, 32, 33, and 34 published separately in LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.) under entry nos. 31, 43, 52, and 77.8 respectively.
- - LC copy imperfect: Torn along fold lines and margins of some sheets.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 31; 43; 52; 77.8
- 48 maps : col. ; 65 x 106 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.S1 s2600 .M6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Modern School Supply Company, and E. W. A Rowles. The comprehensive series, historical-geographical maps of the United States. [Chicago, Ill.: Modern School Supply Co, 1919] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2009581137/.
APA citation style:
Modern School Supply Company & Rowles, E. W. A. (1919) The comprehensive series, historical-geographical maps of the United States. [Chicago, Ill.: Modern School Supply Co] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009581137/.
MLA citation style:
Modern School Supply Company, and E. W. A Rowles. The comprehensive series, historical-geographical maps of the United States. [Chicago, Ill.: Modern School Supply Co, 1919] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2009581137/>.
More Maps like this
McConnell's Historical maps of the United States
Historical maps of the United States Wall maps. Relief shown by hachures. "On each map is a brief history of the period shown." "Copyright James McConnell"--On most maps. Publication date inferred from rubber-stamped date: Feb. 17, 1919. Sheet...
- Contributor: McConnell Map Co. - McConnell, James
- Date: 1919
Robertson's geographic-historical series illustrating the history of America and the United States : from 1492 to ... Wall maps. Title from title sheet. Copyright: H.C. Robertson. First attempt to open the Mississippi LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 32 Sherman's march to the sea LC Civil War maps (2nd...
- Contributor: R. O. Evans and Company - Robertson, H. C.
- Date: 1898
[Hart-Bolton American history maps] Wall maps. Relief shown by gradient tints and hachures. Title from the separately published Teacher's manual accompanying the Hart-Bolton American history maps. Chicago : Denoyer-Geppert, 1919. Manuals describing maps A1-A24 and A25-A48...
- Contributor: Bolton, Herbert Eugene - Blair, R. Baxter - Matteson, David Maydole - Denoyer-Geppert Company - Hart, Albert Bushnell - Denoyer, L. P. (Levinus Philippus)
- Date: 1917
Civil War in America : Read's grand panoramic view of the free and confederated slave States ...
Read's grand panoramic view of the free and confederated slave States of America Relief shown by shading and landform drawings. Includes text, notes, and population information. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. LC copy imperfect: darkened, minor losses...
- Contributor: Read & Co. - Harrison
- Date: 1861
Goff's historical map of the United States. Civil War, Spanish-Am. War, war in the Philippines, invasion ... Scale ca. 1:2,040,000. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 67 Wall map of the South showing location and date of battles, some troop movements, towns, rivers, and state boundaries. Following insets relates...
- Contributor: Goff, Henry S. - Goff, Eugenia A. Wheeler (Eugenia Almira Wheeler) - Goff, Eugenia A. Wheeler
- Date: 1907