Maps Map exhibiting the route of communication between Philadelphia & Charleston
About this Item
- Map exhibiting the route of communication between Philadelphia & Charleston
- Three rail and canal route distances are tabulated and one steamboat route. The legend indicates "Rail Road route," "Canal route," and "Steamboat route." Shows coastal area between Philadelphia, Pa., and Charleston, S.C., indicating larger cities and rivers.
- Contributor Names
- McClellan, John.
- Created / Published
- [n.p.], 1837.
- Subject Headings
- - Transportation--Atlantic States--Maps
- - United States--Atlantic States
- - Scale [ca. 1:1,520,640].
- - LC Railroad maps, 69
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 36 x 51 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3709.31.P1 1837 .M35
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mcclellan, John. Map exhibiting the route of communication between Philadelphia & Charleston. [n.p, 1837] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688345/. (Accessed December 03, 2016.)
APA citation style:
McClellan, J. (1837) Map exhibiting the route of communication between Philadelphia & Charleston. [n.p] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688345/.
MLA citation style:
Mcclellan, John. Map exhibiting the route of communication between Philadelphia & Charleston. [n.p, 1837] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98688345/>.