Map A chorographical map of the Northern Department of North-America,
About this Item
- A chorographical map of the Northern Department of North-America,
- Contributor Names
- Cóvens et Mortier.
- Klockhoff, H.
- Created / Published
- [Amsterdam] 1780.
- Subject Headings
- - New England--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Middle Atlantic States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New England--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Middle Atlantic States--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Land grants--New York (State)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--New York (State)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - United States--New England
- - United States--New York (State)
- - Scale ca. 1:768,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Oriented with north toward the lower left.
- - Shows land grants and purchases in northeastern New York State and granted townships in Vermont and parts of New Hampshire, and Massachusetts.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 828
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 110; 651/1; 651/2; 650/3; 650/4
- col. map 52 x 63 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3715 1780 .C6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cóvens Et Mortier, and H Klockhoff. A chorographical map of the Northern Department of North-America. [Amsterdam, 1780] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005472/.
APA citation style:
Cóvens Et Mortier & Klockhoff, H. (1780) A chorographical map of the Northern Department of North-America. [Amsterdam] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005472/.
MLA citation style:
Cóvens Et Mortier, and H Klockhoff. A chorographical map of the Northern Department of North-America. [Amsterdam, 1780] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71005472/>.
More Maps like this
MapA chorographical map, of the country, round Philadelphia. Carte particuliere, des environs de Philadelphie. Scale ca. 1:800,000. Relief shown pictorially. Shows "Genl. Howe's track" from Elk River to Philadelphia, "Genl. Washington's track," and "Grand American Winter Camp, Jan. 1778" at Valley Forge. LC Maps of North...
- Contributor: Cóvens Et Mortier Et Cóvens, Junior - Klockhoff, H.
- Date: 1780
MapA Portion of New York from the Hudson River west to the Unadilla Branch of the ... Scale ca. 1:65,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor on parchment. Area is divided into the various tracts of land with the owners identified. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1079 Available also through...
- Date: 1700
MapConnecticut and parts adjacent. Scale ca. 1:375,000. Relief shown pictorially. Shows counties, towns, rivers, and post roads. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1023 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster...
- Contributor: Covens Et Mortier Et Covens, Junior - Klockhoff, H. - Romans, Bernard
- Date: 1780
MapA chorographical map of the Province of New-York in North America, divided into counties, manors, patents ... Scale ca. 1:322,000. Hand colored. Prime meridian: London. Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by form lines. Inscribed: To His Excellency Major General William Tryon ... "Advertisement. The tracts of land coloured...
- Contributor: Sauthier, Claude Joseph - Faden, William
- Date: 1779
MapL'Amérique septentrionale, Scale ca. 1:12,500,000. Hand colored. Relief shown pictorially. Shows the Mississippi River to be the eastern boundary of Louisiana. From the author's Atlas nouveau, [1761?], v. 9, no. 34. Lowery 433 LC...
- Contributor: Cóvens Et Mortier
- Date: 1757