Map Map of the state of Maine
About this Item
- Map of the state of Maine
- Contributor Names
- Greenleaf, Moses, 1777-1834.
- Annin, William B., 1791?-1839.
- Created / Published
- [Boston] : M. Greenleaf, 1820.
- Subject Headings
- - Maine--Maps
- - Maine--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - United States--Maine
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows minor civil divisions.
- - Prime meridians: Washington and London.
- - Exhibited in Maine, the sesquicentennial of statehood, Dec. 21, 1970-Sept. 6, 1971, no. 45
- - LC copy imperfect: Stained, darkened, halved and mounted on cloth backing, and with small tears and missing pieces along edges.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 99 x 66 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3730 1820 .G7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Greenleaf, Moses, and William B Annin. Map of the state of Maine. [Boston: M. Greenleaf, 1820] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99462700/.
APA citation style:
Greenleaf, M. & Annin, W. B. (1820) Map of the state of Maine. [Boston: M. Greenleaf] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99462700/.
MLA citation style:
Greenleaf, Moses, and William B Annin. Map of the state of Maine. [Boston: M. Greenleaf, 1820] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99462700/>.
More Maps like this
MapMaine; county subdivisions, towns, plantations, unorganized territories, and places. 1970. Scale ca. 1:500,000. Includes "County location index." Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. AACR2
- Contributor: United States. Bureau of the Census
- Date: 1971
MapMaine "Sources: Base map from U.S. Geological Survey, Maine, 1977. County, county subdivision, and place boundaries certified by local officials, January 1, 1980." Includes index. Available also through the Library of Congress Web...
- Contributor: United States. Bureau of the Census. Data Preparation Division - United States. Bureau of the Census. Geography Division
- Date: 1980
MapJoslin's six inch terrestrial globe, containing the latest discoveries
Six inch terrestrial globe, containing the latest discoveries Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Gift; Philip Colman; Dec. 2002. Imperfect: Some cracking from mounting at poles, and cracking on zodiacal circle. Paired with...
- Contributor: Joslin, Gilman - Annin, William
- Date: 1840
MapMap exhibiting the principal original grants & sales of lands in the State of Maine. Scale ca. 1:550,000. Hand colored. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. AACR2 Vault
- Contributor: Greenleaf, Moses - Chapin, W. (William) - Shirley & Hyde
- Date: 1820
MapColton's railroad & township map of the State of Maine, with portions of New Hampshire, New ... Scale ca. 1:550,000. Hand colored. Relief shown by hachures. Shows longitude from Washington. Includes population statistics and ill. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. AACR2
- Contributor: Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins)
- Date: 1852