Maps [Coast of Maine from Salter Island to Portland Head.
About this Item
- [Coast of Maine from Salter Island to Portland Head.
- Contributor Names
- Des Barres, Joseph F. W. (Joseph Frederick Wallet), 1722-1824.
- Created / Published
- London] I. F. W. Des Barres, 1776.
- Subject Headings
- - Coasts--Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Nautical charts--Maine--Early works to 1800
- - Atlantic Coast (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Maine--Atlantic Coast
- - Scale ca. 1:48,000.
- - Relief shown by hachures and shading. Soundings shown in feet.
- - LC copy imperfect: Deterioration along folds.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 856
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- map 74 x 107 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3732.C6 1776 .D44
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsDes Barres, Joseph F. W.
Des Barres, Joseph F. W. (Joseph Frederick Wallet)
Atlantic Coast (Me.)
Early Works to 1800
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Des Barres, Joseph F. W. [Coast of Maine from Salter Island to Portland Head]. [London I. F. W. Des Barres, 1776] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/75693431/. (Accessed January 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Des Barres, J. F. W. (1776) [Coast of Maine from Salter Island to Portland Head]. [London I. F. W. Des Barres] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/75693431/.
MLA citation style:
Des Barres, Joseph F. W. [Coast of Maine from Salter Island to Portland Head]. [London I. F. W. Des Barres, 1776] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/75693431/>.