Map A topographical map of the Province of New Hampshire, Copy 1
About this Item
- A topographical map of the Province of New Hampshire,
- Contributor Names
- Holland, Samuel, 1728-1801.
- Faden, William, 1749-1836.
- Created / Published
- London; Printed for William Faden, 1784.
- Subject Headings
- - New Hampshire--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New Hampshire--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New Hampshire
- - Scale ca. 1:260,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - LC copy annotated in upper left beside title, "No. 57" and in lower right margin "Holland's New Hampshire, 1784. No. 42."
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows township and patent boundaries.
- - "The respective parts of this plan were survey'd by the several gentlemen concerned with all possible accuracy, and afterwards rectified by Samuel Holland ... "
- - Copy 3 LC copy sectioned and mounted on cloth backing
- - Copy 3 LC copy annotated on verso at the top of attached cover: New Hampshire. 1784
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 873
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 118 x 80 cm. on 2 sheets 66 x 97 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3740 1784 .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Holland, Samuel, and William Faden. A topographical map of the Province of New Hampshire. London; Printed for William Faden, 1784. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/74692582/.
APA citation style:
Holland, S. & Faden, W. (1784) A topographical map of the Province of New Hampshire. London; Printed for William Faden. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/74692582/.
MLA citation style:
Holland, Samuel, and William Faden. A topographical map of the Province of New Hampshire. London; Printed for William Faden, 1784. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/74692582/>.
More Maps like this
MapThe provinces of New York, and New Jersey; with part of Pensilvania, and the province of ... Scale ca. 1:650,000. Hand colored. Relief shown pictorially. Shows "Longitude west from London." Shows township and county boundaries. Includes historical notes and insets of "A chart of the mouth of Hudson's River,...
- Contributor: Holland, Samuel - Robert Sayer and John Bennett (Firm)
- Date: 1775
MapA plan of the Forts Montgomery & Clinton as taken by His Majesty's forces under the ... Scale ca. 1:18,000 (not ca. 1:6,000 as depicted by bar scale). Has watermarks. Relief shown by hachures. Pictorial map. Includes index entitled "Explanation." LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1189 Available also...
- Contributor: Holland, Samuel
- Date: 1777
MapThe provinces of New York, and New Jersey; with part of Pensilvania, and the governments of ... Scale ca. 1:650,000. Title in upper margin: A chorographical map of the country between Albany, Oswego, Fort Frontenac, and les Trois Rivières ... Drawn from authentic surveys by Thomas Jefferys, geographer to...
- Contributor: Holland, Samuel - Jefferys, Thomas - Sayer, Robert
- Date: 1768
MapThe provinces of New York, and New Jersey; with part of Pensilvania and the province of ... Scale ca. 1:650,000. Hand colored. Relief shown pictorially. Prime meridian: London. Insets: A chart of the mouth of Hudsons River, from Sandy Hook to New York.--Plan of Amboy with its environs from...
- Contributor: Holland, Samuel - Broenner, Harry Lodowick - Pownall, Thomas - Contger, Henry
- Date: 1777
MapA chorographical map of the Province of New-York in North America, divided into counties, manors, patents ... Scale ca. 1:322,000. Hand colored. Prime meridian: London. Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by form lines. Inscribed: To His Excellency Major General William Tryon ... "Advertisement. The tracts of land coloured...
- Contributor: Sauthier, Claude Joseph - Faden, William
- Date: 1779