Map A new and correct plan of the town of Boston. Copy 1
About this Item
- A new and correct plan of the town of Boston.
- Created / Published
- [London] : [Gentleman's Magazine], 
- Subject Headings
- - Boston (Mass.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Massachusetts--Boston
- Early maps
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - From the Gentlemen's Magazine, October 1775, volume 45.
- - LC copy imperfect: lacking small part of upper left corner.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 27 x 19 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3764.B6 1775 .N4
- G3764.B6 1775 .N4 Copy 2. Has reverse image of text across top and bottom.
- G3764.B6 1775 .N4 Copy 3. Mounted on cloth and laminated. Stamped on in lower left: 911B.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown pictorially. From the Gentlemen's Magazine, October 1775, volume 45. LC copy imperfect: lacking small part of upper left corner. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
A new and correct plan of the town of Boston. [London: Gentleman's Magazine, 1775] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018590109/.
APA citation style:
(1775) A new and correct plan of the town of Boston. [London: Gentleman's Magazine] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018590109/.
MLA citation style:
A new and correct plan of the town of Boston. [London: Gentleman's Magazine, 1775] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018590109/>.
More Maps like this
MapPlan of the town with the attack on Bunkers-Hill in the peninsula of Charlestown, the 17th. ... Scale ca. 1:19,000. Relief shown by hachures. Battle of Bunker Hill shown pictorially. From James Murray's Impartial history of the present war in America. v. 1. p. 431. Includes historical note on...
- Contributor: Robson, T.
- Date: 1778
MapA new plan of ye great town of Boston in New England in America with the ... Scale ca. 1:5,700. Oriented with north toward the upper right. LC copy annotated in ink. On bottom of the sheet, covered with a heavy outer neat line: Engraved and printed by Fra....
- Contributor: Price, William
- Date: 1769
MapPlan de la ville et du port de Boston; capitale de la Nouvelle Angleterre. Scale ca. 1:11,300. Hand colored. Relief shown pictorially. Attributed to Bellin in Boston Engineering Department's List of maps of Boston published between 1600 and 1903. Includes text, ward index, and index to...
- Contributor: Lattré, Jean - Bellin, Jacques Nicolas
- Date: 1764
MapGrundriss von der Stadt Boston und ihren Gegenden. Scale ca. 1:45,000. Relief shown by hachures. Plate "No. 18." "T. XVI. B." From Allgemeine Historie der Reisen zu Wasser und Lande. 1758. Indexed. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 884 Available...
- Date: 1758
MapA plan of Boston, and its environs : shewing the true situation of His Majesty's army, ... Relief shown by hachures. Includes "References" to points of military and general interest. Oriented with north toward the upper right. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 932 Available also through the Library...
- Contributor: Lodge, John - Williams, Richard - Dury, Andrew
- Date: 1776