Map Fort on Dorc̃ester Point.
About this Item
- Fort on Dorc̃ester Point.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fortification--Massachusetts--Boston--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Boston (Mass.)--Buildings, structures, etc.--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Massachusetts--Boston
- - Scale 1:480; 40 ft. to 1 in.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Has watermark.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - One of a series of 5 drawings, in the same hand, of fortifications around Boston after rebuilding by American forces.
- - On verso, in a different hand: W. H. Spooner, No. 3.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 929
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 33 x 39 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3764.B6S3 1776 .F63
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale 1:480; 40 ft. to 1 in. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Has watermark. Relief shown by hachures. One of a series of 5 drawings, in the same hand, of fortifications around Boston after rebuilding by American forces. On verso, in a different hand: W. H. Spooner, No. 3. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 929 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fort on Dorc̃ester Point. [?, 1776] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002197/. (Accessed April 27, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1776) Fort on Dorc̃ester Point. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002197/.
MLA citation style:
Fort on Dorc̃ester Point. [?, 1776] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002197/>.