Maps Map of part of Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware : from the best authorities Copy 1
About this Item
- Map of part of Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware : from the best authorities
- Contributor Names
- Heyne, Chas. (Charles)
- Bien, Julius, 1826-1909.
- Fillmore, Millard, 1800-1874.
- E. & G.W. Blunt (Firm)
- Created / Published
- New York : E. & G.W. Blunt, 1861
- Subject Headings
- - Middle Atlantic States--Maps
- - Chesapeake Bay Region (Md. and Va.)--Maps
- - Washington Region--Maps
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - Scale ca. 1:400,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 13.4
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1861 by E. & G.W. Blunt in the ... Southern District of New York."
- - General map of the Chesapeake Bay region showing cities and towns, state and county boundaries, railroads, roads, canals, drainage, lighthouses, forts, and soundings. Also covers Chesapeake Bay and Washington D.C. regions.
- - Signed in inked handwriting on cloth backing: Millard Fillmore, Augt. 1861, No. 73.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - DCP
- 1 map : col., mounted on cloth backing ; 97 x 66 cm., folded to 21 x 12 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3790 1861 .H4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
E. & G.W. Blunt (Firm)
Heyne, Chas. (Charles)
LocationChesapeake Bay Region
Middle Atlantic States
SubjectsChesapeake Bay Region (Md. And Va.)
Middle Atlantic States
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Heyne, Chas, Julius Bien, Millard Fillmore, and E. & G.W. Blunt. Map of part of Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware: from the best authorities. New York: E. & G.W. Blunt, 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99446999/. (Accessed February 25, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Heyne, C., Bien, J., Fillmore, M. & E. & G.W. Blunt. (1861) Map of part of Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware: from the best authorities. New York: E. & G.W. Blunt. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99446999/.
MLA citation style:
Heyne, Chas, et al. Map of part of Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware: from the best authorities. New York: E. & G.W. Blunt, 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99446999/>.