Map Plan of part of western front.
About this Item
- Plan of part of western front.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Susquehanna River Valley--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Indians of North America--Pennsylvania--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Pennsylvania--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Susquehanna River Valley
- - United States--Pennsylvania
- - Scale ca. 1:600,000.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink.
- - Title from verso.
- - Shows northern Pennsylvania and western New York, detailed mapping showing numerous forts, Indian villages, and trails, is restricted to the Susquehanna Valley north of Sunbury Town.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1051
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- map on sheet 63 x 83 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3792.S9 1778 .P5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale ca. 1:600,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink. Title from verso. Shows northern Pennsylvania and western New York, detailed mapping showing numerous forts, Indian villages, and trails, is restricted to the Susquehanna Valley north of Sunbury Town. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1051 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Plan of Part of Western Front. [?, 1778] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002370/.
APA citation style:
(1778) Plan of Part of Western Front. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002370/.
MLA citation style:
Plan of Part of Western Front. [?, 1778] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71002370/>.
More Maps like this
Map[Survey of region embraced by Somerset, Bedford, and Fulton Counties and including Cumberland, Md. Scale 1:253,440; 4 miles to an in. Title from dealer's manuscript folder. Continued on verso. Manuscript, pen and ink. Oriented with north to the right. Relief shown pictorially. Edges missing in places,...
- Contributor: Husbands, Hermon
- Date: 1770
MapFrom Battle of Brandywine. Scale not given. Manuscript, pencil on tracing paper. Handwriting of title differs from that on rest of map. Alternate title from P. L. Phillips' Maps of America [Sketch of the battle of...
- Contributor: Wangenheim, Friedrich Adam Julius Von
- Date: 1777
MapA Sketch of the Battle of German. Tn., 4th. October 1777, where the rebels were repulsed. Scale ca. 1:16,200. Relief shown by shading. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Differs from other copies by oval cartouche. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789 1345 Stamped on verso: Montresor. Available also through...
- Contributor: Montrésor, John
- Date: 1777
MapA map of the north west parts of America, with the utmost respect, inscrib'd to His ... Scale ca. 1:2,000,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Annotated with names and descriptive notes and letterpress. Watermark: J. Whatman. Shows Indian tribes of western Ontario, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan. LC Maps of North America,...
- Contributor: Henry, Alexander
- Date: 1776
MapMr. Armstrong's rough draft of the country to the west of Susquehanna. Scale ca. 1:800,000. Title from annotation on verso. Mounted on cloth backing, with reinforced edges. Watermarked. Relief shown pictorially. Shows central Pennsylvania and the location of "F. du Quesne" in western Pennsylvania....
- Contributor: Armstrong, John
- Date: 1755