Map [Old map of Brooklyn and greater part of King's County, Long Island.
About this Item
- [Old map of Brooklyn and greater part of King's County, Long Island.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Kings County (N.Y.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)--Kings County
- - United States--New York (State)--Brooklyn (New York)
- - Scale ca. 1:82,000.
- - Title from P. L. Phillips' A list of maps of America, p. 175.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink.
- - Oriented with north to the bottom.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - In pencil: No. 32.
- - Includes distance chart.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1092
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map, 23 x 19 cm. on sheet 23 x 37 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3803.K5 177- .O5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale ca. 1:82,000. Title from P. L. Phillips' A list of maps of America, p. 175. Manuscript, pen-and-ink. Oriented with north to the bottom. Relief shown pictorially. In pencil: No. 32. Includes distance chart. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1092 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Old map of Brooklyn and greater part of King's County, Long Island. [177-?, 1770] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/73691650/.
APA citation style:
(1770) Old map of Brooklyn and greater part of King's County, Long Island. [177-?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/73691650/.
MLA citation style:
Old map of Brooklyn and greater part of King's County, Long Island. [177-?, 1770] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/73691650/>.
More Maps like this
MapA plan of St. Georges Ferry on Nassau-Island made the 10th August 1774, Scale 1:240; 20 ft. to an in. Title on verso: St. Georges Ferry. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Watermark: J. Whatman [and a fleur-de-lis in a cross surmounted by a crown, over the...
- Contributor: Bancker, Gerard
- Date: 1774
MapMap of Kings County N.Y. Shows Kings County consisting of the City of Brooklyn and 6 rural towns (townships) with property lines and names of owners of some property tracts. Shows radial distances from City Hall (Brooklyn)....
- Contributor: Dripps, M. (Matthew) - Dripps, M. - J. & R. McLellan (Firm)
- Date: 1868
MapHigginson's map of Kings and a large part of Queens counties : from actual surveys.
Map of Kings and a large part of Queens counties General-content map of the present-day borough of Brooklyn (Kings County, New York City) and the western part of Queens County (now the borough of Queens in New York City). Shows incorporated cities,...
- Contributor: Higginson, J. H. - McLellan, David
- Date: 1860
MapRobinson's atlas of Kings County, New York LeGear. Atlases of the United States, 2233 Includes index map. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Conserved. Rebound, each page encapsulated in mylar.
- Contributor: Bourquin, F. (Frederick) - Robinson, E. - Robinson, E. (Elisha) - Mueller, A. H. (August H.)
- Date: 1890
MapNew map of Kings and Queens counties, New York : from actual surveys. General-content map of the present-day borough of Brooklyn (Kings County, New York City) and the entire pre-1899 area of Queens County. Also covers Nassau County which was formed from the eastern part...
- Contributor: J. Beers & Co.
- Date: 1886