Maps Map of the county of Oneida
About this Item
- Map of the county of Oneida
- Contributor Names
- Burr, David H., 1803-1875.
- New York (State). Surveyor General.
- Rawdon, Clark & Co.
- Rawdon, Wright & Co.
- Created / Published
- [Albany?] : Published by the Surveyor General pursuant to an act of the Legislature, 
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--New York (State)--Oneida County--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Oneida County--Maps
- - Allotment of land--New York (State)--Oneida County--Maps
- - Oneida County (N.Y.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Oneida County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Oneida County
- Cadastral maps
- - Cadastral map showing named patent areas and numbered allotment tracts.
- - Hand colored to emphasize town (township) boundaries and territories; annotated in red lines to show additional roads in northern part of county.
- - Prime meridian: Washington D.C.
- - "[Entered acc]ording to Act of Congress Jan'y 5th 1829 by David H. Burr of the State of New York."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Darkened, foxed, fold-lined, torn at some fold lines, annotated in lead pencil, lower left corner of sheet torn-off/missing, mounted on cloth backing, laminated.
- 1 map : color ; 51 x 39 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3803.O2G46 1829 .B8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsBurr, David H.
New York (State). Surveyor General
Rawdon, Clark & Co.
Rawdon, Wright & Co.
LocationNew York (State)
SubjectsAdministrative and Political Divisions
Allotment of Land
New York (State)
Oneida County (N.Y.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Burr, David H, New York . Surveyor General, Clark & Co Rawdon, and Wright & Co Rawdon. Map of the county of Oneida. [Albany?: Published by the Surveyor General pursuant to an act of the Legislature, 1829] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593244/. (Accessed December 08, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Burr, D. H., New York . Surveyor General, Rawdon, C. &. C. & Rawdon, W. &. C. (1829) Map of the county of Oneida. [Albany?: Published by the Surveyor General pursuant to an act of the Legislature] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593244/.
MLA citation style:
Burr, David H, et al. Map of the county of Oneida. [Albany?: Published by the Surveyor General pursuant to an act of the Legislature, 1829] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593244/>.