Map Map of Putnam County, New-York Copy 1
About this Item
- Map of Putnam County, New-York
- Contributor Names
- O'Connor, R. F.
- M.H. Traubel & Co.
- Created / Published
- New York : R.F. O'Connor, 1854.
- Philad'a [Philadelphia] : Lith'c Inst'e of M.H. Traubel & Co.
- Subject Headings
- - Putnam County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Putnam County--Maps
- - Putnam County (N.Y.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Cold Spring (Putnam County, N.Y.)--Maps
- - Brewster (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Carmel Hamlet (N.Y.)--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Putnam County
- - United States--New York (State)--Cold Spring (Putnam County)
- - United States--New York (State)--Brewster
- - United States--New York (State)--Carmel Hamlet
- - General-content county map showing towns (townships), hills, rural buildings, and householders' names; the 3 village insets also show buildings and personal names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand colored to emphasize town (township) boundaries and areas.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1854 by R.F. O'Connor in the ... Southern District of New York."
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (NW/NE/SW/SE).
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, shellacked, sheets halved to enable folding, taped at fold lines, stained on cloth backing, hemmed with pink cloth at outer edges (parts missing), southern sheet printed on inside of cloth backing: Livingston Mills 5/4 sheeting [in black] under a red coronal design.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 543
- - Includes local business directory, vignettes of prominent buildings, statistical table (population), embellished outer borders with foliate corner emblazonments, and village insets of Cold Spring/Brewsters/Carmel.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : color, on cloth backing ; 83 x 133 cm, sheets 49 x 147 cm, folded to 49 x 73 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3803.P8 1854 .O2
- G3803.P8 1854 .O2 Copy 2 Not colored, not hemmed, laminated, on 2 sheets (western/eastern) 93 x 72 cm, each folded to 47 x 72 cm, on LC cloth backing, otherwise similar in condition to Copy 1.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Carmel Hamlet
- Cold Spring
- Cold Spring (Putnam County)
- New York
- New York (State)
- Putnam County
- United States
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
O'Connor, R. F, and M.H. Traubel & Co. Map of Putnam County, New-York. [New York: R.F. O'Connor, . Philad'a Philadelphia: Lith'c Inst'e of M.H. Traubel & Co, 1854] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593260/.
APA citation style:
O'Connor, R. F. & M.H. Traubel & Co. (1854) Map of Putnam County, New-York. [New York: R.F. O'Connor, . Philad'a Philadelphia: Lith'c Inst'e of M.H. Traubel & Co] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593260/.
MLA citation style:
O'Connor, R. F, and M.H. Traubel & Co. Map of Putnam County, New-York. [New York: R.F. O'Connor, . Philad'a Philadelphia: Lith'c Inst'e of M.H. Traubel & Co, 1854] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013593260/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of Herkimer County, New York The northern half of the map shows numbered survey tracts, some with owner's name; the southern half shows rural buildings and householders' names. The city insets show building coverage, lot/tract lines, and...
- Contributor: Golden, T. - Weingartner, A. - O'Connor, R. F.
- Date: 1859
Map1887 Brewster, N.Y. Perspective map not drawn to scale. Bird's-eye-view. LC Panoramic maps (2nd ed.), 539 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Indexed for points of interest. AACR2
- Contributor: Burleigh Litho
- Date: 1887
MapMap of the county of Oneida Cadastral map showing named patent areas and numbered allotment tracts. Hand colored to emphasize town (township) boundaries and territories; annotated in red lines to show additional roads in northern part of county....
- Contributor: Rawdon, Clark & Co. - Rawdon, Wright & Co. - Burr, David H. - New York (State). Surveyor General
- Date: 1829
MapMap of Putnam Co., Indiana "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1864 by C.K. Stone in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania." LC Land ownership maps, 164...
- Contributor: Worley & Bracher - Lake, D. J. - Warner, A.
- Date: 1864
MapA topographical map of Lewis Co., New York : from actual surveys County cadastral wall map showing towns (townships), town survey divisions (some numbered), irregular rural property tracts, rural buildings, and rural householders' names; also shows individual buildings and occupants' names in the village...
- Contributor: S. & R.S. Taintor Jr. & Co. - Ligowsky, A.
- Date: 1857