Map Draft of roads in New Jersey.
About this Item
- Draft of roads in New Jersey.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Roads--New Jersey--Camden County--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Roads--New Jersey--Gloucester County--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Camden County (N.J.)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Gloucester County (N.J.)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Manuscript maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New Jersey--Camden County
- - United States--New Jersey--Gloucester County
- - Scale not given.
- - Title from verso.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink.
- - Has watermarks.
- - Shows roads of Camden and Gloucester counties, New Jersey.
- - Described in Samuel S. Smith's The fight for the Delaware, under the title Route the Hessians took from Coopers Ferry to Red Bank.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1263
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- map; on sheet 53 x 43 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3813.C2P2 1777 .D7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale not given. Title from verso. Manuscript, pen-and-ink. Has watermarks. Shows roads of Camden and Gloucester counties, New Jersey. Described in Samuel S. Smith's The fight for the Delaware, under the title Route the Hessians took from Coopers Ferry to Red Bank. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1263 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Draft of roads in New Jersey. [?, 1777] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005450/.
APA citation style:
(1777) Draft of roads in New Jersey. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005450/.
MLA citation style:
Draft of roads in New Jersey. [?, 1777] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71005450/>.
More Maps like this
MapLes marches du corps du Lord Cornwallis de Billinsport jusqu'a Philadelphia au mois de Novembre, 1777. Scale ca. 1:53,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink on tracing paper. Relief shown by hachures. Camps are dated Nov. 18 at Billinsport to Nov. 25 at Gloucester. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1277 Available...
- Contributor: Wangenheim, Friedrich Adam Julius Von - Cornwallis, Charles Cornwallis
- Date: 1777
MapPart of New Jersey. Scale ca. 1:80,000; 100 chains to 1 in. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Imperfect: Edges torn. Shows rivers, roads, and bridges of Monmouth and Ocean counties. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1261...
- Date: 1770
MapSketch of the road from Paulus Hook and Hobocken to New Bridge. Scale ca. 1:24,000; 800 paces to an in. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Has watermarks. Oriented with north toward the upper left. Relief shown pictorially and by shading. Authorship attributed to B. Morgan...
- Contributor: Hills, John - Morgan, Benjamin
- Date: 1778
MapCarte de l'affaire de Montmouth : ou le G'al Washington commandon l'armée américaine et le G'l ...
Carte de l'affaire de Montmouth le 28 juin 1778 entre Clinton et Washington Shows troop positions at the Battle of Monmouth (near Englishtown, Monmouth Co., N.J.). Relief shown by hachures. Place-names in English. Pen-and-ink and watercolors. Sectioned to 12 panels and mounted on cloth backing...
- Contributor: Lafayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier - Capitaine Du Chesnoy, Michel
- Date: 1778
Map[Map of the country between and bordering the Delaware River and Chesapeake Bay, showing roads to ... Scale ca. 1:670,000. Title from P. L. Phillips' List of maps of America. Manuscript, pen and ink and pencil. Label on verso has title: Eastern Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware and New Jersey showing...
- Date: 1776