Maps Map of Monmouth County, New Jersey : from original surveys Copy 1
About this Item
- Map of Monmouth County, New Jersey : from original surveys
- Contributor Names
- Lightfoot, Jesse (Surveyor)
- Shields, J. B.
- Smith, Robert Pearsall, 1827-1898.
- Created / Published
- Middletownpoint [N.J.] : J.B. Shields, 1851.
- Subject Headings
- - Monmouth County (N.J.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Monmouth County--Maps
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Freehold--Maps
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Red Bank--Maps
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Middletown--Maps
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Keyport--Maps
- - Real property--New Jersey--Keyport--Maps
- - Freehold (N.J.)--Maps
- - Red Bank (N.J.)--Maps
- - Middletown (N.J.)--Maps
- - Keyport (N.J.)--Maps
- - United States--New Jersey--Monmouth County
- - United States--New Jersey--Freehold
- - United States--New Jersey--Red Bank
- - United States--New Jersey--MIddletown
- - United States--New Jersey--Keyport
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names; Keyport inset also shows real-property tracts (residential lots).
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1851 by R.P. Smith in ... the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Mounted on cloth backing in western/eastern segments (folding sheets).
- - Includes index to Red Bank businesses, ill. of prominent local buildings, and ill. of ships.
- - Town insets: Plan of Freehold -- Plan of Red Bank -- Middletown Point -- Plan of part of Keyport.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 458
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : cloth backing ; 99 x 138 cm., sheets 101 x 74 cm. and 101 x 75 cm., folded to 51 x 74 cm. and 51 x 75 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3813.M6 1851 .L5
- G3813.M6 1851 .L6 Copy 2 On 4 sheets, encapsulated, not cloth-backed, brittle, missing edge sections, accompanied by separate title sheet annotated on verso in ink script: No. 3[6?], filed Feby. 13. 1857, Robert P. Smith, Prop't.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Smith, Robert Pearsall
Monmouth County (N.J.)
Red Bank (N.J.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lightfoot, Jesse, J. B Shields, and Robert Pearsall Smith. Map of Monmouth County, New Jersey: from original surveys. [Middletownpoint N.J.: J.B. Shields, 1851] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590163/. (Accessed February 23, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Lightfoot, J., Shields, J. B. & Smith, R. P. (1851) Map of Monmouth County, New Jersey: from original surveys. [Middletownpoint N.J.: J.B. Shields] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590163/.
MLA citation style:
Lightfoot, Jesse, J. B Shields, and Robert Pearsall Smith. Map of Monmouth County, New Jersey: from original surveys. [Middletownpoint N.J.: J.B. Shields, 1851] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590163/>.