Map A map of the State of Pennsylvania
About this Item
- A map of the State of Pennsylvania
- Contributor Names
- Howell, Reading, 1743-1827.
- Pennsylvania. Secretary of the Commonwealth.
- Created / Published
- [Harrisburg, Pa. : Secretary of the Commonwealth, 1896]
- Subject Headings
- - Pennsylvania--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Pennsylvania--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - United States--Pennsylvania
- - Scale ca. 1:325,000.
- - Facsimile.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows minor civil divisions.
- - From the Pennsylvania archives, 3d ser., appendix I-X, 1894-96.
- - Includes text and statement of dedication.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - AACR2: 651/1; 651/2; 710/1
- 1 map : col. ; 96 x 163 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3820 1792 .H6 1896
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Howell, Reading, and Pennsylvania. Secretary Of The Commonwealth. A map of the State of Pennsylvania. [Harrisburg, Pa.: Secretary of the Commonwealth, 1792] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/80693000/.
APA citation style:
Howell, R. & Pennsylvania. Secretary Of The Commonwealth. (1792) A map of the State of Pennsylvania. [Harrisburg, Pa.: Secretary of the Commonwealth] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/80693000/.
MLA citation style:
Howell, Reading, and Pennsylvania. Secretary Of The Commonwealth. A map of the State of Pennsylvania. [Harrisburg, Pa.: Secretary of the Commonwealth, 1792] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/80693000/>.
More Maps like this
MapA map of the state of Pennsylvania Relief shown by hachures. From the William Bingham estate maps. Philadelphia meridian. Includes dedication statement, ill., and coat of arms., LC copy stained and annotated in ink and pencil. LC copy has...
- Contributor: Bingham, William - Vallance, J. (John) - Howell, Reading
- Date: 1810
Map[Land ownership map of the William Bingham estate in northeastern Pennsylvania Relief shown by hachures. Base map title: A map of the stat[e] of Pennsylva[nia] / by Reading Howel[l] MDCCXCII. From the William Bingham estate maps. Annotated in ink and watercolor to show...
- Contributor: Bingham, William - Adlum, John - Howell, Reading
- Date: 1793
MapFac-simile of Holmes-map of the province of Pennsylvania : with the names of the original purchasers ... Shows rural landholders' names and lots in the Philadelphia region. Alternate title at top: A map of the improved part of the province of Pennsylvania in America : begun by William Penn,...
- Contributor: Smith, Lloyd P. (Lloyd Pearsall) - Greene, Robert - Holme, Thomas - Thornton, John
- Date: 1687
MapPennsylvania; county subdivisions, townships and places. 1970. Scale ca. 1:500,000. Includes "County location index." Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. AACR2
- Contributor: United States. Bureau of the Census
- Date: 1971
MapPennsylvania "Sources: Base map from U.S. Geological Survey, Pennsylvania, 1975. County, county subdivision, and place boundaries certified by local officials, January 1, 1980." Includes indexes. Available also through the Library of Congress Web...
- Contributor: United States. Bureau of the Census. Data Preparation Division - United States. Bureau of the Census. Geography Division
- Date: 1980