Maps Map of the battlefield of Gettysburg
About this Item
- Map of the battlefield of Gettysburg
- Contributor Names
- Gettysburg National Military Park Commission.
- Created / Published
- [S.l., 1898]
- Subject Headings
- - Gettysburg National Military Park (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg National Military Park
- - Scale ca. 1:12,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 351.6
- - "No. 1" is in the upper margin.
- - Title and "Explanatory notes" are attached to the map in the lower left corner and a list of "Work on the field accomplished by this Commission to date" is attached to the map in the lower right corner.
- - Map of the battlefield, with manuscript annotations and hand coloring, showing lands belonging to the United States tinted yellow, additional land "needed for the work in hand" tinted green, completed telford roads in red, roads in "need of piking" in black and "public roads ceded to the United States" in blue.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map in 2 parts, col., each 39 x 70 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3822.G4 1898 .G43
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gettysburg National Military Park Commission. Map of the battlefield of Gettysburg. [S.l, 1898] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003627081/. (Accessed February 25, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Gettysburg National Military Park Commission. (1898) Map of the battlefield of Gettysburg. [S.l] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003627081/.
MLA citation style:
Gettysburg National Military Park Commission. Map of the battlefield of Gettysburg. [S.l, 1898] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2003627081/>.