Maps Map of Elk County : [Pennsylvania].
About this Item
- Map of Elk County : [Pennsylvania].
- Contributor Names
- Pattison, H. A.
- Rease, W. H.
- Created / Published
- Philad'a [Philadelphia] : Lith. W.H. Rease, 1855.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Elk County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Elk County--Maps
- - Warranty of title--Pennsylvania--Elk County--Maps
- - Elk County (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Elk County
- Cadastral maps
- - Cadastral map showing townships, warranty-deed tracts, tract numbers, tract acreages, and initials of warrantees' names.
- - Hand colored to show townships; annotated in blue and purple pencils to outline unidentified land tracts.
- - The creator of this map is the same as the name of the creator (H. A. Pattison) printed on the 1856 version of the same map.
- - Printed in western/eastern segments (sheets).
- - LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined, soiled, spot stained, missing small sections along right-hand edge of eastern sheet, annotated in lead pencil in lower and right-hand margins of eastern sheet.
- - Includes a tabular key giving the full form of the warrantees' names as indicated by the abbreviations.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 741
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : mounted on paper backing, hand colored ; 60 x 93 cm, sheets 69 x 56 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.E4G46 1855 .P3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pattison, H. A, and W. H Rease. [Map of Elk County: Pennsylvania]. [Philad'a Philadelphia: Lith. W.H. Rease, 1855] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592173/. (Accessed February 22, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Pattison, H. A. & Rease, W. H. (1855) [Map of Elk County: Pennsylvania]. [Philad'a Philadelphia: Lith. W.H. Rease] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592173/.
MLA citation style:
Pattison, H. A, and W. H Rease. [Map of Elk County: Pennsylvania]. [Philad'a Philadelphia: Lith. W.H. Rease, 1855] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592173/>.