Maps Map of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania : from original surveys
About this Item
- Map of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania : from original surveys
- Contributor Names
- Morris, William E. (William Ellis), 1812-1875.
- Smith & Wistar.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Smith & Wistar, 
- Subject Headings
- - Montgomery County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Philadelphia Suburban Area (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Montgomery County--Maps
- - Pottstown (Pa.)--Maps
- - Norristown (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Montgomery County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia Suburban Area
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Pottstown
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Norristown
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names.
- - Also covers southern portion of county annexed by City of Philadelphia in 1854.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Prime meridian: Philadelphia.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1849 by Smith & Wistar in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Printed in western/eastern segments (sheets).
- - LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined, sheets halved to enable folding.
- - Includes text (historical), "Statistical table for the year 1848", and ill.
- - Insets: Plan of the Borough of Pottstown -- Plan of the Borough of Norristown.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 777
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : cloth backing ; 87 x 132 cm., sheets 101 x 72 cm. and 101 x 76 cm., folded to 51 x 72 cm. and 51 x 76 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.M7 1849 .M6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsMorris, William E. (William Ellis)
Smith & Wistar
Philadelphia Suburban Area
Montgomery County (Pa.)
Philadelphia Suburban Area
Philadelphia Suburban Area (Pa.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Morris, William E, and Smith & Wistar. Map of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania: from original surveys. [Philadelphia: Smith & Wistar, 1849] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590207/. (Accessed February 22, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Morris, W. E. & Smith & Wistar. (1849) Map of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania: from original surveys. [Philadelphia: Smith & Wistar] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590207/.
MLA citation style:
Morris, William E, and Smith & Wistar. Map of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania: from original surveys. [Philadelphia: Smith & Wistar, 1849] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590207/>.