Maps Map of Somerset County, Pa. Copy 1
About this Item
- Map of Somerset County, Pa.
- Contributor Names
- Walker, Edward L. (Surveyor)
- G.F. Schuchman & Co.
- Created / Published
- [Pittsburgh?] : Edward L. Walker, 1860.
- Subject Headings
- - Somerset County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Somerset County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Somerset County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Somerset--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Berlin--Maps
- - Somerset (Pa.)--Maps
- - Berlin (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Somerset County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Somerset
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Berlin
- Cadastral maps
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names; the Somerset and Berlin insets show real-property tracts (lots), building coverage, and owners' names.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries, township territories, and inset maps.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the ... Western District of Penna., Sept. 6th 1860, by Edward L. Walker."
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, darkened, trimmed along outer vertical sheet edges, lettered in blue pencil on cloth backing: Somerset Pa.
- - Includes note, key to abbreviations, "Statistical table of Somerset County for 1860", local business directories, numerous ill. of local buildings, 2 portraits of local officials, 14 street-map insets of boroughs/villages, and commonwealth coat-of-arms.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 797
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 108 x 130 cm., sheets 58 x 65 cm. and 58 x 68 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.S6 1860 .W3
- G3823.S6 1860 .W3 Copy 2 On 2 sheets each folded to 58 x 52 cm., shellacked, cloth hemmed, trimmed to eliminate ill. along left/right edges, annotated in ink on cloth backing: 269 Sommersett [sic] Co. Penn.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsG.F. Schuchman & Co.
Walker, Edward L.
Somerset County (Pa.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Walker, Edward L, and G.F. Schuchman & Co. Map of Somerset County, Pa. [Pittsburgh?: Edward L. Walker, 1860] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592183/. (Accessed February 22, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Walker, E. L. & G.F. Schuchman & Co. (1860) Map of Somerset County, Pa. [Pittsburgh?: Edward L. Walker] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592183/.
MLA citation style:
Walker, Edward L, and G.F. Schuchman & Co. Map of Somerset County, Pa. [Pittsburgh?: Edward L. Walker, 1860] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592183/>.