Maps Map of York & Adams counties.
About this Item
- Map of York & Adams counties.
- Other Title
- Map of York and Adams counties
- Contributor Names
- D. Small & W. Wagner.
- Created / Published
- [York, Pa.?] : D. Small & W. Wagner, 1821.
- Subject Headings
- - York County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Adams County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--York County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Adams County--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--York County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Adams County
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings and householders' names.
- - Relief shown pictorially and by hachures.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township/city boundaries and territories.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress June 23d 1821 by D. Small & W. Wagner of the State of Penn'a."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 824
- - LC copies imperfect: Fold-lined, torn at fold lines, copy 2 soiled, accompanying broadside missing sections of sheet.
- - Accompanied by printed broadside advertising the map: Dedicated to the citizens of York & Adams Counties--Map of York & Adams Counties published by D. Small & W. Wagner, 1821 ( sheet : 34 x 42 cm., folded to 20 x 21 cm.). On the verso of the broadside is an ink handwritten application letter addressed to "Mr. D. Caldwell, Clerk of the District of Penn'a, Philadelphia" requesting the copyright registration of the map, signed in ink by "William Wagner" and "Dan'l Small", dated "York 22d June 1821".
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes embellished statement of dedication at head of title.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 38 x 58 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.Y6 1821 .D2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsD. Small & W. Wagner
Adams County (Pa.)
York County (Pa.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
D. Small & W. Wagner. Map of York & Adams counties. [York, Pa.?: D. Small & W. Wagner, 1821] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592228/. (Accessed January 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
D. Small & W. Wagner. (1821) Map of York & Adams counties. [York, Pa.?: D. Small & W. Wagner] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592228/.
MLA citation style:
D. Small & W. Wagner. Map of York & Adams counties. [York, Pa.?: D. Small & W. Wagner, 1821] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592228/>.