Map Field of Gettysburg, July 1st, 2nd & 3rd, 1863
About this Item
- Field of Gettysburg, July 1st, 2nd & 3rd, 1863
- Contributor Names
- Ditterline, T. (Theodore).
- Created / Published
- [Philada. P. S. Duval & Son lith. 1863]
- Subject Headings
- - Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863--Maps
- - Gettysburg (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg
- - Gettysburg, Battle of
- - Scale ca. 1:25,500,.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 331
- - From his Sketch of the battles of Gettysburg . . . New York, C. A. Alvord, 1863. 24 p.
- - Oval-shaped map depicting troop and artillery positions, relief by hachures, drainage, roads, railroads, and houses with names of residents.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map col. 49 x 40 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3824.G3S5 1863 .D42
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ditterline, T. Field of Gettysburg, July 1st, 2nd & 3rd. [Philada. P. S. Duval & Son lith, 1863] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99447499/.
APA citation style:
Ditterline, T. (1863) Field of Gettysburg, July 1st, 2nd & 3rd. [Philada. P. S. Duval & Son lith] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447499/.
MLA citation style:
Ditterline, T. Field of Gettysburg, July 1st, 2nd & 3rd. [Philada. P. S. Duval & Son lith, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99447499/>.
More Maps like this
MapField of Gettysburg, July 1st, 2nd & 3rd 1863
Field of Gettysburg, July first, second, and third 1863 | Sketch of the battles of Gettysburg with an explanatory map 241 U.S. Copyright Office Relief shown by hachures. Shows troop positions of the Union and Confederate forces. "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1863 by T. Ditterline in the...
- Contributor: P.S. Duval & Son - Ditterline, T. (Theodore) - Joseph Meredith Toner Collection (Library of Congress) - Alvord, Corydon A.
- Date: 1863
MapMap of the battlefield of Gettysburg Scale 1:9051. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 333 Inset: Plan of the National Cemetery. Lower right corner: Sketch of the battle of Gettysburg. [Text] Description derived from published bibliography. Available also...
- Contributor: Elliott, S. G.
- Date: 1864
MapMap of the battle of Gettysburg, Pa., July 1st, 2nd & 3rd, 1863, showing line of ... Scale ca. 1:13,100. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 357 Shows topography by hachures, vegetation, drainage, roads, railroads, houses, stonewalls, cultivated areas, churches, and cemeteries. Union and Confederate positions are shown, including...
- Contributor: Willcox, William H.
- Date: 1863
MapMap of the Battle of Gettysburg, Penna. : showing positions held July 2nd 1863. This map shows the disposition of troops on this second day of the battle. The designation "5 p.m." appears slightly to the left of the title. As the fighting began late in...
- Contributor: Paine, William H. - Sneden, Robert Knox
- Date: 1863-07-02
MapGettysburg Third day. Position of troops. Detail from an identified printed map annotated to show which units held essentially the same position through July 2 and which moved, noting the starting positions (in the morning) and ending positions...
- Contributor: Sneden, Robert Knox
- Date: 1863-07-02