Map Map of the country embracing the various routes surveyed for the Balt. & Ohio Rail Road by order of the Board of Engineers.
About this Item
- Map of the country embracing the various routes surveyed for the Balt. & Ohio Rail Road by order of the Board of Engineers.
- Map of Baltimore, Ann Arundel, Montgomery, Frederick, and Washington counties, Md, showing drainage, roads, and important place names. [From published bibliography]
- Contributor Names
- Barney, Joshua, 1799 or 1800-1867.
- Created / Published
- [Baltimore? 1831?]
- Subject Headings
- - Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company--Maps
- - Railroads--Maryland--Maps
- - United States--Maryland
- - Scale ca. 1:193,000.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - LC Railroad maps, 332
- - Label: To the subscribers of the "American," from Dobbin, Murphy & Bose.
- - Indicates routes surveyed and actual railroad; incorporated in 1827; first surveyed in 1828.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - AACR2
- - Vault
- 1 map 27 x 61 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3841.P3 1831 .B3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Barney, Joshua, 1799 Or. Map of the country embracing the various routes surveyed for the Balt. & Ohio Rail Road by order of the Board of Engineers. [Baltimore? ?, 1831] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm70005000/.
APA citation style:
Barney, J. (1831) Map of the country embracing the various routes surveyed for the Balt. & Ohio Rail Road by order of the Board of Engineers. [Baltimore? ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm70005000/.
MLA citation style:
Barney, Joshua, 1799 Or. Map of the country embracing the various routes surveyed for the Balt. & Ohio Rail Road by order of the Board of Engineers. [Baltimore? ?, 1831] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm70005000/>.
More Maps like this
MapGeneral map of the Baltimore and Ohio Rail Road & its connections; the great national route ... Part of the eastern United States showing relief by hachures, major drainage, state boundaries, cities and towns, and the railroad network with mail lines emphasized.
- Contributor: Rand McNally and Company - Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company
- Date: 1876
MapMap of the Baltimore and Ohio Rail Road with its branches and connections. Map of the Eastern U.S. showing relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, state boundaries, canals, named railroad network, and the B. & O. in heavy black lines, indicates cooperative connections, unfinished...
- Contributor: Elmer, Walter F. - Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company
- Date: 1878
MapMap shewing the connection of the Baltimore and Ohio-Rail-Road with other rail roads executed or in ... Map of the United States east of the Mississippi River. [From published bibliography]
- Contributor: Edward Weber & Co.
- Date: 1840
MapA map of the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad and its principal connecting lines uniting all parts ... Outline map of the eastern half of the United States to about the 95th Meridian. [From published bibliography]
- Contributor: A. Hoen & Co.
- Date: 1860
MapMap shewing [sic] the several routes, examined with a view to the extension of the route ... Map of the northeastern United States showing drainage, relief by hachures, important cities, the existing railroads, turnpike roads, canals, and the projected railroads; a statement below the title explains the feasibility of...
- Contributor: Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company
- Date: 184?