Maps The Battle of Antietam, September 17, 1862.
About this Item
- The Battle of Antietam, September 17, 1862.
- Contributor Names
- United States. National Park Service.
- Created / Published
- Washington, U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1968.
- Subject Headings
- - Antietam, Battle of, Md., 1862--Maps
- - Antietam National Battlefield (Md.)--Maps
- - United States--Maryland--Antietam National Battlefield
- - Antietam, Battle of, Md
- - Scale not given.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 250.6
- - Folded title: Antietam.
- - "1968 0-310-556."
- - Shows the placement and movement of troops during 3 phases of the battle.
- - Includes text.
- - Text, illus., and map of the National Battlefield site on verso.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - AACR2
- col. map, 44 x 20 cm. fold. to 24 x 11 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3842.A6S5 1968 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsUnited States. National Park Service
LocationAntietam National Battlefield
SubjectsAntietam National Battlefield
Antietam National Battlefield (Md.)
Antietam, Battle Of, MD
Antietam, Battle Of, Md.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States National Park Service. The Battle of Antietam, September 17, 1862. Washington, U.S. Govt. Print. Off, 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/75692102/. (Accessed February 27, 2017.)
APA citation style:
United States National Park Service. (1862) The Battle of Antietam, September 17, 1862. Washington, U.S. Govt. Print. Off. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/75692102/.
MLA citation style:
United States National Park Service. The Battle of Antietam, September 17, 1862. Washington, U.S. Govt. Print. Off, 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/75692102/>.